Newbie doubt - PhotoID, T9 and Network name

Guest eljefe

Hi all,

I recently bought my Mitac 8390 and have some questions:

- How can I assign my own jpegs to PhotoID app ? I've tried import from Phone and SDMMC but PhotoID didn't find anyone. All of my pictures were stored under My Documents;

- Is there any way to set up T9 as default input for all text boxes and sms messages ?

- In my old MPx200 it showed the real operator name in home screen, but Mitac just gives me a confuse number sequence. Where do I change that setting so I can see the actual network name.

Thank you so much, guys.

Guest pwest13

1) MY pictures work ok, try naming them "apto" before what ever you call them, e.g "apto0003.jpg" as that is what mine r saved as and mayb required to be called that so the program knows to access them, ensure they r correct resolution which i think is 640x480.

2) If you enable T9 by holding * then 4 to "English" it should always use it as defualt, some box's wont use it tho like entering names in phone book 4 example because sum names are of course not in the English dictionary.

3)Not a clue sorry!

Westy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx,

I figured out how to assign the photo: it doesn't need to be named apto***, but has to be 176x144 pixels.

My problem with T9 is that in some input boxes Mio sets abc as the default input, not T9 as I wish. The language is setted as English, no problems with that.

Operator name still doesn't show up. Well, I put one SIM card from another operator and Mio detected its real name. I got a lot more confused :?: .

[ ]'s

JF