Post C500 Update - New bugs, issues, unresolved bugs etc

Guest pisquee

Just to confirm, I am also getting this problem where GPRS stops working. My old SPV (E100) used to do this quite often, but then I just got used to it. It was a refreshing change not having to constantly reboot it with the C500, but since the 'update' (maybe call it a downdate from now on), I have to switch off twice a day to get internet access back.

Message to Orange - FIX ALL OF THE OTHER PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU MESS WITH (AND BREAK) ANYTHING ELSE. THERE'S PLENTY OF THEM LISTED HERE SO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE.

Guest Xenzo1990

On MicroTurismo I noticed that you could use the 1 key to accelerate aswell as the joystick to turn etc, hence multipress, but post update i cant... Whats going on?

Guest Digital_Carnage

Still get words suddenly disappear when writing SMS's. Backspacing though makes the words suddenly appear again. This only happens every now and again.

Still a tss when backlight comes on in WMP as it's moving on to the next track.

Still the EXTREMELY annoying 'clonk' sound when bringing up symbols typing an SMS.

Can't think of anything else...... :cry:

Just love this phone ^_^

Guest Digital_Carnage
I no longer get a list of bluetooth devices when selecting Send->Send via Infrared in File Manager. Anyone else get this?

Maybe its because your sending by infrared???

Didn't think the included file manager had bluetooth support.

Get Binary's Smart Explorer instead. Much better and free to use on Shareware license. ^_^

God i love that lil' smiley. Makes me giggle :D :P :P :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest pisquee

I also no longer getting a list of BT devices in the send file menu.

Another one that came up tonight, I got a non-delivered delivery report for an mms message, but the phone/pocket outlook could/would not open it ... i click on it, nothing happens, i click on it again, and it opens a blank (light grey) screen and then exits back to the homescreen. I tried a few times with the same results. Even happned after shutting down all programs, and after a reboot.

Guest spark-x

i wish i hadn't upgraded personally.. i found nothing wrong before i updated - but now battery seems worst and phone actually seems a bit more sluggish?

had no problems with the C500 before, now I can't play games & the screen flickers when T9 kicks in.

The only +ve I've noticed is that webpages load quicker (about 2-3x) over GPRS.

I say steer clear of it.

Guest Confucious

My phone seems quicker and more responsive after the upgrade, battery life has not suffered and I can now play gapi games . I'm glad I upgraded ^_^

I have bought Orange SPV C500 last week. I made it unlocked. The phone was working very well on Turkcell (900/1800Mhz) network (Turkey) . Today I have made a ORANGE 4.1.1.4 ROM update. And after that ROM update, when I power up the phone, it waits about 10 second as says "NO SERVICE" and 2 second says "SEARCHING" then shown the network as"TURKCELL". There was no"NO SERVICE" alert before I upgraded the ROM. Afterall, it is not possible to make a phone call for more than 10 seconds. Its like, it is out of the range or very poor signal. I make the unlock process again but hasnt changed. I have found a France Orange update (RUU_v0.995_OrangeFR_v4.1.2.5.exe) . Its still the same, nothing changed. I am looking for an older ORANGE UK ROM to try if it will work well again. I am waiting all comments help to resolve that problem. Thanks.

Don't forget the bluetooth issues on this forum also.

My video also seems to be very slow in the preview window. I could have sworn it was faster. Is thre any way to change this and would have any applications installed have slowed this down. EG. would minigps have slowed this down when it asked to start Cell broadcast?

Guest Confucious
i'm soo confused... they call it an UPdate.. ill call it a DOWNdate by the way ppl are commenting... thank god i never updated... :-)

Like you haven't updated your avatar?

I'm very happy with my phone since the update. The only major bug introduced was, I believe, a further restriction on multipress but as I can never get the hang of games where you need to press more than one key at once that doesn't really affect me ^_^ I can now play games such as Gringos which I couldn't before and GPRS does (subjectively) seem quicker so I'm pleased I updated.

Guest Schaijik
I also no longer getting a list of BT devices in the send file menu.

Another one that came up tonight, I got a non-delivered delivery report for an mms message, but the phone/pocket outlook could/would not open it ... i click on it, nothing happens, i click on it again, and it opens a blank (light grey) screen and then exits back to the homescreen.  I tried a few times with the same results.  Even happned after shutting down all programs, and after a reboot.

I once got this problem before, I think I added a very large JPG to the MMS, came back as undeliverable, open, error, open, grey screen.

This was before my update (one wich never happened).

My C500 is running a whole lot slower now since I done the update. When I press start it can maybe take 4 -5 seconds to load the menu where as with the last version it was almost instant. Also apps take a longer time to load now. :twisted: Wish I just stuck with the last version.

Anyone know if the new version supports sounds in MMS messages now?

Edit - for example Pocket Streets is taking about 40 seconds to load. It used to be around 10 seconds.

Please sort this out Orange. ^_^

This is what I get, if I click to change the Flicker value:

The funny ^_^ thing here is that I have not upgraded the the phone but I also only have the 50 and 60 Hz options. No Auto option in sight.

I have a non upgraded C500 from Orange in the Netherlands.

Guest spark-x

I'm having more problems.. when i leave the tube station now it takes the phone much longer to find a signal, sometimes it fails and i have to pull the battery... I think i'll be calling Orange next week... I have to say, now i'm syncing with outlook i've become a true Smartphone adict, i can see why some people find these little things so usefull!!

• 1 year later...