xBar 2.4

Guest Xetra

xBar 2.4 is online

• New Built-in App Launcher (Use Up Down keys in xBar, you can customize it in the "start" subfolder)

• Fixed compatibility issues with eVB for Smartphone apps. Now compatible with J Cody's Vnotes

• Now compatible with the new Temperature Sensor (C500...)

• Date & Time are in the local format

• Reset xbar at WM_hybernate message (more stability)

• Fixed Text font bug (compatible with CityTime Alarms)

• Fixed long press on pad direction

• Paste text now works on latest rom (Use select all text if your smartphone does'nt support multi key press)

xBar 2.4

Guest ThatTree

Xetra, is there any way to prevent xBar from interfering with the Action button in Astraware Bejeweled 2.24? This is happening on my Audiovox SMT 5600, which is a USA version of the C500.

xBar is very nice by the way.

I installed the new date. enter my registration code and the will not go away and I cannot use my phone until I reset it. I bought it from smartphone.net Any ideas?

Guest mike.smith

So, I just installed this and it looks great.....except when i try and press any of the action keys (1 for example) it just errors saying it cannot find whatever it is looking for and the function is therefore not performed.

Any Ideas anyone? I'm running an SPV C500.

Thanks, Mike.

Guest mike.smith

Disregard my last, I have sussed it already. It needs to be installed on the phone not the storage card. Dont know why it gives the option of the storage card when it wont work on there. :-/

Guest ThatTree
have you tried mapping xBar to a different key?

Thanks, fozzie! I didn't see the English area on Xetra's site at first, but I found it and the keycode .ini editing instructions. It worked perfectly - I'm now using long # to bring up xBar.

I really appreciate it.

Guest chucky.egg
I installed the new  date. enter my registration code and the will not go away and I cannot use my phone until I reset it. I bought it from smartphone.net  Any ideas?

You probably have the wrong code

Check that you are putting the right code in and haven't changed your Owner Name

Disregard my last, I have sussed it already.  It needs to be installed on the phone not the storage card.  Dont know why it gives the option of the storage card when it wont work on there.  :-/

Hi. Welcome to the forum ^_^

It sounds like there's a bit of a problem with the installer. Hopefully Xetra will pick up on it. In the meantime, you could always manually edit the shortcuts that are in the Xbar directory, once you have installed to the SD card.

Hi all

thank you ^_^

Some user tell me that xbar can't be installed on the sd card.

In fact the xmc association can't be done automatically by the installation (impossible with the cabwiz provided by microsoft) so, edit the registry by yourself, or install xbar in main memory (prefer this one because xbar stay in memory, and i use less than 32 kb ...

But if you want really to install it on the sd card, please tell me, i will add auto xmc registration at xbar startup (but increase the exe size)

For the action key trouble, some smartphone manufacturer doen't respect the keyboard driver implementation (new uk c500 rom) and software developper (beta player) so, it's very difficult for me to found an universal solution.

I'm searching a new key managment for the next release.

About temp adjusting, if you prefer, i can add adjuting parameter inthe xbar_cfg.ini (easiest way than registry edit) ?

please send me all comment, idea by email xbar*xetranet,com

regards

David

I dont know why but when i instal the latest version and hold down the action key the Xbar info bubble pops up and nothings dislayed in the bubble and the phone completley locks and have to pull the battery,Anyone know what this could be,Thanks

Guest MoRFLeZ
• New Built-in App Launcher (Use Up Down keys in xBar, you can customize it in the "start" subfolder)  

I LOVE this new feature!! X-Bar gets better and better!

Hi. Would like to know is it possible to map the camera button to toggle xbar menu without press & hold it? I tried to set key delay=0 but still cannot work, pressing camera button will start the camera, have to press & hold for around 1 sec to open xbar menu. Anyone can help?

Edited: I am using o2 xphone.

Have a read of the xbar.txt file that comes with xbar.  All will be revealed.  You just need to change a value in one of the .ini files.

yes, you can also click on key 9 in xbar to display this file.

Regards

David

Anyone know the key code for camera button? Just realised that 121 is for record button, which require me to press & hold camera button, that might be the reason why I fail to launch xbar menu by pressing camera button.

Anyone know the key code for camera button? Just realised that 121 is for record button, which require me to press & hold camera button, that might be the reason why I fail to launch xbar menu by pressing camera button.

Sorry, not sure what you mean? You said above that xBar launches when you press and hold the camera button - that's how it's supposed to work, with a long press of the button. You can change the time that the button needs to be pressed by changing the value in the .cfg file.