O2 and C500

Guest sbsdegb1

Guest Jerry13

Gotta say this thread is an answer to a prayer. Was just about to put this beautiful C500 I bought from my brother (he's upgraded to a C550) on Ebay as I couldn't get MMS or Wap working with my o2 PAYG sim. Had to enter the settings a couple of times before the phone seemed to except them but it's working like a dream now. Thanks Martin.

Edited by Jerry13

• 2 weeks later...
Guest musosmiffy

Hi,

Recently got my C500 and an O2 PAYG sim. I have been through this thread probably a hundred times using both PAYG & Contract settings but I still can't access the internet or download emails via Outlook. I could without problem on the Orange sim.

I haven't deleted my Orange settings - I shouldn't need to, should I?

I even phoned up the UK help line and they said that GPRS etc was already initiated.

I see that someone had a Cab file - if it's still around would that person be so kind as to PM me it?

Thanks everyone.

Mark.

• 1 month later...
Guest frank.lui

I am using MOTOROLA MPX200 and Smartphone2002 and O2 PAYG. I tried the setting as above and cannot get it working. Then I tried small change:

In the main data connections menu.

Internet connection: O2 GPRS WAP (rather than 'O2 CSD WAP')

Work connection : Automatic

WAP connection: O2 GPRS WAP

Secure wap connection: O2 MMS

Then I can access to internet. But there is still a small problem. I can only access internet but not WAP site. For example, I can go to news.bbc.co.uk but I cannot go to news.bbc.co.uk/mobile which is designed specifically for GPRS. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by frank.lui

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DomConway
Cheers Martin, you are a star!  Got my C500 up and running with O2 no problem thanks to those settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Althought I've just noticed I can't access wap.o2.co.uk - it just sits there with the flag waving in the top-right of IE for a few moments, then nothing. Any ideas anyone?

• 1 month later...
Guest sittingduck

i have a spv c500 unlocked, i have o2 pay& go sim in , I had all the settings in & gprs & mms worked fine

I have just installed the latest rom upgrade from orange & it wiped all my settings, I have put all the settings back in but it still won't work, I have checked the settings several times & they seem correct & i already have the preferences on the sim card

can anyone help :?:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darthbrummie

I was looking on the posts for the o2 contract MMS settings, i just cant figure it out and its realy nutting me off. My internet, messenger, GPRS works fine, but i just cant receive a photo I have over MMS. i have a notification alerting me, but the 'Download' Button does naff all. when I go int MMS setup, it asks me to set an account with 'Name' and 'adress' but the next button is blocked out. Realy Irritating. any Ideas?? or is it a shotgun job?? Thanx

Guest rlwarner

On a similar theme, but this time with Vodafone. I unlocked my SPV500 from Orange, and want to use it on Vodafone.

Does anyone have the settings I need to get it working for GPRS and WAP on Vodafone?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest young stunna
hmmm i have a C500 and was able to get on that site no probs didn't realise they are now restricting it

i still have the .cab for O2 PAYG if anyone is interested

can u send me the .cab for o2 PAYG plz...thnx

Guest Confucious
can u send me the .cab for o2 PAYG plz...thnx

David5093 posted that over 2 years ago and his last post was in Jan 2005. Rather than relying on him seeing your post it might be an idea to PM him as, even if he no longer checks the forum, most people get an email if they get a PM

Good luck - let us know if you get it.