.:NEW:. Smartphone 2003 Alarm Plug-in ~~

Guest Richie M

Guest Richie M

I've finally got round to coding a 2k3 version of my popular Alarm plug-in :mrgreen:

Its even quicker than the Orange one :D and unlike my original version it takes you straight to the actual alarm time.

As before, the included Homescreen is just added to show it and unfortunately the plugin isnt very customisable yet :|

At some time i'll get round to doing a complete re-code of it, which will hopefully give you more control of its formatting via the home XML!

If you've used my previous version (see link in my sig) you'll know what to expect, if you havent used it, dont expect too much :lol:

AlarmPlugin.zip

Guest Dumdidum

Hi Richie

Thanks a lot, it's working really good

As far as I see, the text-color if selected is taken from COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT! Can this be changed?

Only thing: If I am in the settings-menu and then press the home-button (so settings-menu stays open) and then I select the alarm-plugin it is stuck in the settings-menu and I have to take out the battery. Could you confirm this? It's not really serious if you know that you have to close the settings-menu correctly...

Thanks

Sven

Guest Richie M
As far as I see, the text-color if selected is taken from COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT! Can this be changed?

Only thing: If I am in the settings-menu and then press the home-button (so settings-menu stays open) and then I select the alarm-plugin it is stuck in the settings-menu and I have to take out the battery. Could you confirm this? It's not really serious if you know that you have to close the settings-menu correctly...

Thanks

Sven

Yeah unfortunately at the moment to change the text colour you do have to change COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT, this is due to two reasons, one COLOR_HOMEHIGLIGHTTEXT is not support as standard in the SDK :roll: and partly due to some problems i've had reading in the XML to the plug-in, Hopefully this will change in a future version.

As for getting stuck in the menu; i dont think i can do anything about that unfortunately. But in a future version i am planning on using my own app to set the alarm, so this will banish this problem :lol:

hello there,

i uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest. for some reason it doesnt take me to the alarm settings. im using an mpx200 with wm2003. it takes me to owner information which one below the date and time settings.

any comments

cheers

Guest arman68

Great. I will try it and let you know what I find. Until now I have been using the one labelled as v1 in the other thread, as it is the only one with a transparent background. FYI it works well in WM2003 as long as the settings menu is rewritten.

Rather than calling the date control panel, why don't you include a custom alarm control panel and call it from your plugin? The reason I think it is better, is the default date control panel stops the clock for as long as it is used, making the tim innacurate.

Here is the one I use (saved as alarm.cpl.xml):

<stinger-controlpanel-doc>

<cpl-title res="30013"/>

<characteristic type="Clock">

<parm-query name="AlarmOn"/>

<parm-query name="AlarmTime"/>

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="DeviceInformation">

<parm-query name="BatteryStrength"/>

</characteristic>

</stinger-controlpanel-doc>
Ideally I would also like to include the alarm sound settings but can't get it to work. I tried a few things, the latest saved on my HD is:

<cpl-title res="30030"/>

<menu clsid="{89945303-BCBE-4774B231-0F47112586D6}"/>

<menu clsid="{E64D0F99-A3E3-4D4D-94AB-BB090ACE0431}"/>

<event-listener clsid="{89945303-BCBE-4774B231-0F47112586D6}"/>

</characteristic>

<characteristic type="Sounds">

<characteristic type="HKCUControlPanelSounds">

<parm-query name="Sound" refresh="1"/>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

Guest arman68

I have not tried the plugin yet, but I think you can call a settings control panel directly rather than emulating keypresses:

23#"Windowssettings.exe" alarm.cpl.xml

Guest Richie M
hello there,  

i uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest. for some reason it doesnt take me to the alarm settings. im using an mpx200 with wm2003. it takes me to owner information which one below the date and time settings.

That will be because your menu is set out differently, as the plug-in uses key presses to get to the settings, i.e. 9 then 3. The only way around this would be to code a different version - but as there is no official 2k3 ROM for the mpx200 and the fact that i dont have a mpx200 i wont be doing this, sorry.

arman68, i havent played with the cpl's before :| and i never knew/realised that the default date cpl stops the clock :shock: i'll investigate this and may use in a future version :lol:

Guest Richie M
Does this show up on the standard C500 Homescreen ???  :?

It wont show on any homescreen unless you add the code to its xml (easiest way is to rip the relevant code from the example i included) but as the standard c500 screen uses it as a single plug-in it wont work or look right

Rather than calling the date control panel, why don't you include a custom alarm control panel and call it from your plugin? The reason I think it is better, is the default date control panel stops the clock for as long as it is used, making the tim innacurate.

Here is the one I use (saved as alarm.cpl.xml):

<cpl-title res="30013"/>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

I can't get this to work (mpx200, SP2003). The shortcut says that the file can't be loaded. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Guest Richie M
If you already have the settings window open (and you hit home so it's still open), selecting the alarm will crash the phone (SMT5600).

Yeah this has been said above (and it also happened in the original SPV version) i dont think i can do anything about that unfortunately. But in a future version i am planning on using my own app to set the alarm, so this will banish this problem. Easiest way around it is to make sure you exit out (press back instead of home, or dont let it timeout) of the settings menu :lol:

Guest LHospita1
That will be because your menu is set out differently, as the plug-in uses key presses to get to the settings, i.e. 9 then 3.  The only way around this would be to code a different version - but as there is no official 2k3 ROM for the mpx200 and the fact that i dont have a mpx200 i wont be doing this, sorry.

please... please code a "9 then 2" version, I guess most mpx200 user with 2k3 rom are in that order.

Guest chucky.egg

A note to the other dolts like me:

If you've never set your alarm to On you get the following message: "Alarm:Read Registry problem"

Set the alarm, and turn it back off if you don't want it, and hey presto - IT WORKS!

Cool, thanks Richie, and I apologise for questioning your parents marital status. :wink:

please... please code a "9 then 2" version, I guess most mpx200 user with 2k3 rom are in that order.

Yes, I think all MPX200 2k3 users with the "international" ROM installed have this problem. It might be working on the "Fartman-version", but this is the german version.

I do not think that you have to spend much time to code a "9 then 2" version, but this would make lots of users happy :lol:

how about putting the 'key spoof sequence' of "93", "92" or whatever in the registry (or INI file) instead of hard-coded? That would make it much more usable world-wide, since the SmartPhone has become world-wide.

Guest elusion
how about putting the 'key spoof sequence' of "93", "92" or whatever in the registry (or INI file) instead of hard-coded?

Or better yet, as an option in the homescreen xml file.

maXim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kemot1984

Both in the test homescreen and my own xml-written homescreen whatever I set the colors to, the text: "Alarm: [alarmtime]" appears in white. Any ideas why? I tried changing both the homescreen xml file colors and the color scheme xml file colors but nothing worked. Always only white.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rusbear

Yes, I think all MPX200 2k3 users with the "international" ROM installed have this problem. It might be working on the "Fartman-version", but this is the german version.

I do not think that you have to spend much time to code a "9 then 2" version, but this would make lots of users happy :)

I have spent many hours reading lots of posts to find out that Alarm wouldnot work for me because of that damned items sequence :-(. I hope there should be some way to re-arrange the sequence via the registry like we can do with StartMenu items. If anyone knows the cure please, drop here a line :!:

Otherwise we shall have to pray to Richie to change number 3 to 2 in the code :wink:

Guest Richie M

I havent forgotten about you guys :(

I've just been really busy with work & stuff atm :roll:

I am working on a recode of this, a rewrite of the whole thing! once i get the basic version up and running i'll see what i can do for different key sequences :)