Beta 2 here :

http://www.smartphony.org/stories.php?stor...3/03/25/5466896

Please test (feed-back welcome) !! :)

just copy the .exe in IPSMWindowsStart Menu

launch it

create a folder "pict" on the SD card

rename your jpg (176x200) pictures as : 07xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

paste in the "pict" folder ... enjoy !

a full version will be available soon for (only) 5$ ...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

How far along the beta road is it? The last picture to caller beta i tried resulted in me having to hard reset my phone ;p

Guest lutzh

...this tool is working great! full picture of caller, storage of the picture on sd/mmc-card, simple assigning of number to picture, simple installation of the app... only great thing i am missing is the number or location of caller (like office, mobile, home) somewhere at the bottom of the picture, but i guess that will be coming with the commercial version (?). thanks!

cheers, lutz

Guest spacemonkey

I haven't got mine going just yet, but... if it's a full screen picture, then surely you could embed the phone number details in the picture if you needed to know it?

Got the app on my phone, just need to sort out some test pics, but that'll need the cradle when I get home...

I haven't got mine going just yet, but... if it's a full screen picture, then surely you could embed the phone number details in the picture if you needed to know it?

which means that if your m8 has a mobile number, and home phone number, you need to store 2 images on the phone

if you can just attach any image and then overlay the number on top it will save filespace, and allow you to use any image without having to edit it to include the number

think that's what lutzh is getting at

Guest lutzh

i have found a way to get that info: i simply write the info (e.g. honey@home) with photoshop on the picture that i related to the specific number...

cheers, lutz

Guest lutzh

right, muff- exactly this would be the perfect setup. but since i can store the pics on sd/mmc i am very free in using as much pics as i want, so its not really a dramatic problem.

but i guess we are out for smart solutions for a smart phone :-)...

cheers, lutz

Guest spacemonkey

But, currently, we need a pic for each number anyway don't we? I thought the method of configuring a pic against a number was naming the pic with the filename 0712345678.jpg where 0712345678 is the phone number. So regardless of how we overlay this information we still need a copy of the pic for each number to allocate it against.

Maybe better more sophisticated ways to do it, but then, this app seems super simple and only weighs in at 10k which for an app that's gonna be running in the background 24/7 I think simplicity is a big benefit.

sorry, I didn't realise that was the way it was working, I thought it was storing a reference to the image against the phone numbers, and then fetching the referenced image when the call came in

your right, the current way means that it can run without any extra data files or setup (apart from renaming images)

Guest Coolboy1982
rename your jpg (176x200) pictures as : 07xxxxxxxxxx.jpg  

does this work for the +44xxxxxxxxxxx of +whatever country code?

does it matter if there are any spaces in the contact number?

cause outlook automatically puts in a space after +44 in all my uk numbers

(and only in UK ones), which I cannont delete, as it reappears after syncronysing!

Guest lutzh

i simply love it - no other solution needed! btw: would it make sense to put the app in ipsmwindowsstartup instead of putting it in ipsmwindowsstart menu so its ready for action when the phone is startet?

@coolboy: yes it makes a difference - if stored some numbers like 0049XXXX and some in +49XXXX (both formats are "legal" for intl. dials), the pic has to have the exact number you stored in your contacts, otherwise its not popping up. i have no spaces in my numbers so i cant say anything about that...

cheers, lutz

Guest casper508

Looks good so far. But with nearly 500 contacts on my list I dont think I have the time and patience to edit n create even half of them.

Anyways another step in the right direction.

Cas

Guest spacemonkey
Looks good so far. But with nearly 500 contacts on my list I dont think I have the time and patience to edit n create even half of them.

Surely this is the problem with any custom ringtone/custom picture thing?

Guest Coolboy1982

Anyways another step in the right direction.

Cas

I'd be surprised anyway, if you would have pics of all of your contacts!

just imagine the pic for Orange customer service! ;-)

Or taking a picture of your boss: hmmm. eh, wait there a moment please

boss, I need to take a picture of you for my phonebook... what?... ;-)

Guest casper508

I'd be surprised anyway, if you would have pics of all of your contacts!

just imagine the pic for Orange customer service! ;-)

OCS wont be calling me back wud they :)

Guest Coolboy1982

no, but your boss might!

but actually you may prefer not to see his face, when he calls you to shout

down the line!

That's what worries me about 3G video phones: you can't claim to your boss

or your lady that you atre busy working, if you're not! :-)

Guest casper508

I dont think I have the time and patience to edit n create even half of them.

The GOOD half i meant :)

Cas

Guest dchurch24

Hi, am I the only person that this app doesn't work for? It is listed in the 'Program' list and I have created a folder on the storage card called 'pict', but when it is selected - it does nothing. Am I going about this the wrong way?