Anyone getting the wrong version of Yahoo Mobile on 5600?

Guest MitzEclipse

Guest MitzEclipse

Hi All,

Normally when I go to wap.yahoo.com i get the yahoo mobile version with graphics and such.

now when I go there, I get the slimmed down version, the version available for text only wap surfers.

Any reason why? I've deleted my cookies, history, and temp files. I've restarted my phone as well.

Thanks

Guest MitzEclipse
Are you accessing the internet via a WAP proxy server ?

not sure about this - I just know i'm using hte T-mobile USA settings - however, I didn't change my settings at all and now i'm getting a different yahoo site.

I also tried google's mobile site and i'm seeing the scaled up vesrion (with the google logo) - so the phone is not the issue, it seems to be yahoo's site.

Guest MitzEclipse
Does it work now -- can you see the icons?  Maybe Yahoo changed something?

Still doesn't work for me :lol:

Don't see the icons. This is using either wap.yahoo.com or mobile.yahoo.com

i've deleted cache, history, cookies, and temp files...

all other sites work and display images (ie google, inquirer, etc..)

Guest jleecong
Does it work now -- can you see the icons?  Maybe Yahoo changed something?
Just tested it on my phone and I do have icons.

Labeled 1-9 with 7 having sub categories. The last line I don't remember seeing and it says "BETA: Turn on My Yahoo" not numbered though.

Guest MitzEclipse

Odd - i'm still not seeing it!! what's going on here?

Here's what I have:

Mail

Messenger

Games

Sports

Finance

News

Weather

Address Book

Calendar

Help

Yahoo! Home

Sign Out

No option to change/switch to the "new" beta version, even though I was viewing this all along.

I am using mobile.yahoo.com, have erased all my cookies, temp files, history, and rebooted my smartphone.

Any suggestions?

Guest MitzEclipse
FWIW, I'm using http://wap.oa.yahoo.com as the URL

Ugh. I'm getting the same dumbed-down version using: wap.oa.yahoo.com

what's the deal here? We're both on t-mobile - both using the same settings - using at&t unlocked 5600's. web sites are shown w/ images it's only yahoo's site. i am completly baffled.

Guest aristoBrat

I didn't change anything on my phone to cause the Yahoo graphics to reappear. Maybe Yahoo's monkeying with their servers (i.e. only certain servers are showing the graphics, and you're not happening to connect to one of them)?

Guest jleecong
I didn't change anything on my phone to cause the Yahoo graphics to reappear.  Maybe Yahoo's monkeying with their servers (i.e. only certain servers are showing the graphics, and you're not happening to connect to one of them)?
x2

When I checked it yesterday I didn't have images. Last week images, yesterday no images, today images are back to normal.

Guest MitzEclipse
I didn't change anything on my phone to cause the Yahoo graphics to reappear.  Maybe Yahoo's monkeying with their servers (i.e. only certain servers are showing the graphics, and you're not happening to connect to one of them)?

Yeah maybe, but you'd think that would be defined by User ID. I'm getting the skinny version before i even enter my login/pass...

Guest dearsina

For me, it's been an odd pattern of every other phone getting either the WAP version or the quite decent Yahoo Mobile version. With my previous C500 I got the nice version. When I got an Orange care replacement for an unrelated problem it reverted back to the WAP version. Most annoying!

Guest MitzEclipse

Update: Today I got the full web version of yahoo's site! Yahoo! :lol:

and I made ZERO changes to my config or the URL i visited... must be something on their end..

Guest dearsina

Has anybody contacted Yahoo (mission impossible, yes I know) about this? I'm sure there is some kind of link you can go to that would take you directly to the graphics version, maybe mobile.yahoo.com or wap.yahoo.com or yahoo.com/mobile or yahoo.com/pda, I dunno.

sina

london

london