Hands on with the SP3i!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mkent_barbados

You can't switch bands, there are two versions, 850/1800/1900 and 900/1800/1900. I just got the US (850Mhz) version yesterday from www.expansys-usa.com and it has a US charger etc. and WMP10 which was a very nice suprise. One problem is however that I (and others) are having trouble signing up for ClubImate as it is telling us our IMEI numbers do not correspond to iMate devices. Which the box, phone itself, manual etc, all state the SP3i is! So that is one annoyance, the phone is perfect otherwise...

Guest cesarfong

great paul i have one sp3i since december 15th i am very happy of it. as pocket pc user, i see this smartphone a great posibility to have a new windows mobile experience ... (and programming there too)

César

MVP MS Mobile Devices

Guest cesarfong
You can't switch bands, there are two versions, 850/1800/1900 and 900/1800/1900.  I just got the US (850Mhz) version yesterday from www.expansys-usa.com and it has a US charger etc. and WMP10 which was a very nice suprise.  One problem is however that I (and others) are having trouble signing up for ClubImate as it is telling us our IMEI numbers do not correspond to iMate devices.  Which the box, phone itself, manual etc, all state the SP3i is!  So that is one annoyance, the phone is perfect otherwise...

i have bought the imate sp3i in expansys-usa too but the uk / worldwide version with wmp9 :? ... with club imate i have got no problem, but the people of expansys forgot to send me the headphones :x :x (i live in Peru, South America) .. well i guess expansys people will find a solution for it :)

cesar fong

ms mvp mobile devices

any differences with the c500 in terms of software ?

just easier use of the applications with the joystick as opposed to the rocker, otherwise most things are the same.

also the orange ROM menu is slightly different than that of imates as the mms settings are within the messages menu, while there is a separate mms setup menu in the imate devices

rgds

jim

Guest cesarfong
i have bought the imate sp3i in expansys-usa  too but the uk / worldwide version with wmp9 :? ... with club imate i have got no problem, but the people of expansys forgot to send me the headphones  :x  :x (i live in Peru, South America) .. well i guess expansys people will find a solution for it :)

cesar fong

ms mvp mobile devices

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Expanys USA is sending me the headphones yeeee :(

Guest cesarfong
Does T9 work the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont know how it is work in c500 but if you hold t9 button it appears a t9 menu:

1. Symbols

2. 123

3. Abc

4. T9 Spanish

5. T9 Languages (here you can change the T9 language).

:)

Guest cesarfong
:(

So much excitement over such average headphones ;-)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

more than excitement is that they fix its delivery error.. and sent it to Peru.. that says too much about customer care (without the imate headset i can hear my mp3s :) ) ...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.