Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
I don't believe so, .cpl files should all show in the Control panel unless you have deliberatly selected not to show them (which IIRC you need a tweaks program to do). is it in the same directory as all your othe .cpl files? (s/be Windows\system32)

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Liz

Liz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Natural health care, Aromatherapy, computers, horses (2 old boy's) and windows mobiles
  • Devices:MPX220, qtec 8500, HTC Touch

I don't believe so, .cpl files should all show in the Control panel unless you have deliberatly selected not to show them (which IIRC you need a tweaks program to do). is it in the same directory as all your othe .cpl files? (s/be Windows\system32)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes - its in the Win\system32 folder.
Liz

Keep trying youll get there, one day honestly! :)

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Having just re-read your original post I realise that you are looking at your control panel in the categoryview (sorry, the first thing I do is change it to "clasic" view).

Try changing to Clasic view and all the icons are in alphabetical order.

One other thing I've just thought of - you do have a BT adaptor on the PC you are trying to connect to, don't you?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Liz

Liz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Natural health care, Aromatherapy, computers, horses (2 old boy's) and windows mobiles

Having just re-read your original post I realise that you are looking at your control panel in the categoryview (sorry, the first thing I do is change it to "clasic" view).

Try changing to Clasic view and all the icons are in alphabetical order.

One other thing I've just thought of - you do have a BT adaptor on the PC you are trying to connect to, don't you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi
No - I’m in classic view…

Oh…. Errrmmm….what’s a BT adaptor?????? :oops: and how do I get one?
Liz

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Hi
No - I’m in classic view…

Oh…. Errrmmm….what’s a BT adaptor?????? :oops: and how do I get one?
Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PC's don't come with Built in BT as a rule (some laptops do). If you can't see BT anywhere on your PC chances are it's because your PC doesn't have BT so you will need to buy a BT dongle (something like this http://www.scancom.c...1ee4167ef760857 )

HTH

Liz

Liz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

PC's don't come with Built in BT as a rule (some laptops do). If you can't see BT anywhere on your PC chances are it's because your PC doesn't have BT so you will need to buy a BT dongle (something like this http://www.scancom.c...1ee4167ef760857 )

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel Sooooo stupid :oops: :oops: :oops: ………..
Many Thanks ;) ;)
Liz (laughing at idiot self!)

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Don't feel stupid, everything's simple when you know the answer! Check out my sig for my views on the subject. I often ask questions which other people might think are obvious and I don't think I'm any more stupid than most ;)

Good luck.

Liz

Liz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Don't feel stupid, everything's simple when you know the answer! Check out my sig for my views on the subject. I often ask questions which other people might think are obvious and I don't think I'm any more stupid than most ;)

Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Confucious ;) I'm still giggling at the days and days I've spent loooking round the computer, windows KB and help forums trying to find out why I had no BT icon :roll: and the answer was sooo simple. :P Now I'll go looking to find out the differences - have searched and found prices vary from just a few £ to £20/30 - must be a difference?
I'll check the forum - prob'ly a topic on it someware.
More Thanks ;)
Liz

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Thanks Confucious  ;) I'm still giggling at the days and days I've spent loooking round the computer, windows KB and help forums trying to find out why I had no BT icon  :roll: and the answer was sooo simple.  :P Now I'll go looking to find out the differences - have searched and found prices vary from just a few £ to £20/30 - must be a difference?
I'll check the forum - prob'ly a topic on it someware.
More Thanks ;)
Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The phone only suports 10m range (not 100m) so a cheap one will do fine (I just bought the cheapest I could find). The link I gave you would be fine unless you can find cheaper elsewhere.

Have fun ;)

Liz

Liz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

The phone only suports 10m range (not 100m) so a cheap one will do fine (I just bought the cheapest I could find). The link I gave you would be fine unless you can find cheaper elsewhere.

Have fun ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geesh....just clicked on a Belkin F8T001 Bluetooth USB Adaptor to buy it - lucky I checked your last post first! Its a 100m one - I thought that would be better!
Yet-More-Thanks! ;) you just saved me £30! Will go get the one you suggested...
Liz

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Geesh....just clicked on a Belkin F8T001 Bluetooth USB Adaptor to buy it - lucky I checked your last post first! Its a 100m one - I thought that would be better!
Yet-More-Thanks!  ;) you just saved me £30! Will go get the one you suggested...
Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I just saved you from buying a Belkin product - Bargepoles always spring to mind when I see that name ;)

drevil

drevil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Computing, computer, family, reading, music, pub, getting jiggy - not in that order or with any particular frequency!
  • Devices:SPV C500
Dammed if I could get it to work, phoned Orange they said even they couldn't get it to work, so hoping next rom update will do the job

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Dammed if I could get it to work, phoned Orange they said even they couldn't get it to work, so hoping next rom update will do the job

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The new ROM will make no difference AFAIK.

If you follow this guide it should work. What happens when you try?

Chiz

Chiz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones, PPC, Music, Squash
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
I am trying to follow Garth guide but am not getting very far at all.

The window he shows popping up with the devices tab does not show on mine. I click on the BT icon in the system tray and it just takes me to "My Bluetooth places"

This does not give any of the headings in the guide.

How can I find windows BT manager?

Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks

Chiz

Edited by Chiz, 08 May 2005 - 11:11 AM.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Start>Control panel>BT Devices is where you should be looking, not the BT icon in the system tray.

HTH

Chiz

Chiz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Start>Control panel>BT Devices is where you should be looking, not the BT icon in the system tray.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Confucious, but I don't have a BT Devices icon to select.

Are there any others it could be within?

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Are you in Category view? (Sorry, I always use "classic view") in which case it's Start>Control panel>Network and Internet connections>BT Devices

Chiz

Chiz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Are you in Category view? (Sorry, I always use "classic view") in which case it's Start>Control panel>Network and Internet connections>BT Devices

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks again and sorry to be a pain but in both views I can see BT devices.

I am 99% sure I have SP2, could that cause the problem?

Is there any other way to get to the correct arrear to start using the BT Activesync quide?

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Thanks again and sorry to be a pain but in both views I can see BT devices.

I am 99% sure I have SP2, could that cause the problem?

Is there any other way to get to the correct arrear to start using the BT Activesync quide?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean you CAN'T see BT Devices?

This guide is for SP2, things are different if you haven't got it.

Right cick on "My Computer" and select properties, this will tell you if you have SP2.

If you dn't have SP2 then you need to install the drivers that came with your BT dongle. What make is your dongle?

drevil

drevil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Computing, computer, family, reading, music, pub, getting jiggy - not in that order or with any particular frequency!
  • Devices:SPV C500

The new ROM will make no difference AFAIK.

If you follow this guide it should work. What happens when you try?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never seem to get the "Bluetooth" option under the connection type, USB and the modem speeds appear but never Bluetooth.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users