128MB SD Card and USB Reader/Carrier £67.77

Guest Shire29

Guest Shire29

OK so I've seen SD cards cheaper and readers cheaper and if u look around could probably pick up the Secure digital card 128Mb with Sandisk Cruzer SD/MMC USB pocket reader a little cheaper.

http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/secure_digital.htm

Good service, delivered within 3 days, £67.77 including postage :D

Course couldn't use it before christmas day.

However, this package works a treat with the SPV, had no probs transferring me progs over from my measly 32MB MMC card, an excellant buy.

Just a for warning though, all Sandisk media cards are not actually as big as they say. It's to do with what they call a MB, 1000kb as opposed to 1024kb or something like that ? so a 128MB card is really only 120MB. Still enough for me at the moment, and yes I knew about this before I bought because I have other Sandisk cards and reckon they are good quality/value.

Cheers, Shire

• 1 month later...

Depends who you buy from on eBay.

I bought a sync/charge cable from there and had brilliant service. This was however from an eBay shop, but I don't know if that makes them more reputable than Joe Public trying to sell something.

It's just ridiculous to blanket-brand all people selling on eBay as cowboys. Most are very good, you just need to check out the person you are buying from and try and use a secure method of payment- credit card, paypal (I think it gives you some cover) and even personal cheque as at least then you have an address to follow up to!

Yes, some people are unfortunate, but with a little care and background checking, you'll probably be ok.

Adam

Guest Shire29

Hehe, yes I just bought one of those sync/charger thingy's, says it has a car charger adapter an all.

Ordered it Saturday from Arthur Van De Lak (he has a shop on e-bay), hoping it will be here in a day or two. I'll ley u know what it's like unless Hax has bought the same thing from the same supplier and gives us a quick review ?

Cheers, Shire

Yes, that's who I bought from. Already reviewed on here somewhere - will add link to this post tomorrow when at proper pc.

In summary, works like a dream, although not tried car charger adaptor yet, but it seems fairly basic and shouldn't cause any troubles.

Fast service too!

Adam

Guest cyrilthefish

the total size thing with flash cards is pretty much universal i'm afraid :)

but the cards do seem to have a wildly different avaliable size!

my flash memory cards:

8mb SD = 6.5MB (from SPV)

8mb compact flash = 7.57mb (Cannon)

32mb MMC = 30.3mb (Sandisk)

48mb compact flash = 46.3mb (Dane-elec)

128mb MMC = 121.5mb (Crucial)

Guest vadonald

With regard to memory cards having less space available than you would think, this is just the same as when using floppy discs (remember them), a 2meg floppy had only 1.44Mb under windows, a little bit more on the Amiga, and I had to devise a format which my company used which gave 1.8Mb, this used a floppy on our own computer board. This was a few years ago now, cos now we use Flash memory.

If you buy a 20Gig hard-drive, you don't get a full 20Gig of space to use.

Cheers, Vinny