LCARS

Guest Vanbast

Guest Vanbast

Well somebody had to I suppose...

spv-lcars.jpg

This is still very WIP as this XML malarkey seems to have a mind of its own sometimes.

Any suggestions for additions or alterations?

Cheers

Mark

Guest Vanbast

Yes, it is simply a background image with plug-ins on top.

LCARS is the acronym given to the computer interface they use on Star Trek.

I'll post the code later as it doesn't support colour schemes yet as everything is hard coded at the mo. I also want to add a few things and maybe swap a few things round as well.

Mark

Guest Vanbast

Okey dokey, V1.0 of LCARS scheme is available to download at www.swuth.demon.co.uk/SPV

There are two ways of installing it.

1) Copy lcars.home.xml and lcars.jpg to IPSMApplication dataHome, then got to the Home settings menu and select LCARS.

2) The scarier method is to copy lcars.hme to IPSMWindowsStartUp and restart the phone. This should install the scheme automatically and you should be able to remove it automatically by using Remove Programs. It is scary because it is using a CAB file which I have never used before so only try it if you know what you are doing. It works on my phone and that is as much as I can say really.

KNOW ISSUES

The screen on the scheme is predominantly black unlike all the others so far. An advantage is that it makes the SPV less torch like but has thrown up a couple of problems.

After hours of fiddling I cannot find where it stores the colours for the box that surrounds the left/ right list box thingy or more worryingly the PIE shortcuts/ favourites. I have probably missed something blatantly obvious so if anybody finds out it would be nice to know. It seems strange they haven't included these in the standard text colours - MS wouldn't of hard wired them, would they?

TTFN

Mark

Guest rebecca_south

I must be doing something wrong! When I try the scheme using the copy method (have not tried the install method!) my text on the home page and in the programs menus disappears.

Please help!! :D

Guest hotphil

Did you set your colour scheme to "default"? The "default" seems (for me) to mean that, as a colour scheme is included in this home page file, it reads that (as opposed to a complete "machine" default). If that makes sense.

Phil

Guest kernowmagic

Had a problem with incomming calls the caller ID did'nt show up at first i thought it was a bug but i changed the scheme to default and got my girlfriend to phone me back and the caller id came up. Turned it back to lcars scheme and the caller ID did'nt come up the reason? the caller id text is in white

I had an excellent wav to go with this layout, could have run it as a start up sound. It was from the game ' star trek elite force ' for pc. it went something like ' Welcome to lcars......' in a womans voice. Unfortunately I traded the game in only a few weeks ago thinking I'd never need it again. If anyone still has this game browse the cd and see if you can find it. I think you may have to unzip the pk files to find it.

Anyway, great layout.

Happy new year

Kevlar

One little problem, in PIE my favourites are black text on black background so can't see them without highlighting with yellow bar. Is this by design or am I missing something.

Kevlar

Guest Vanbast

Hello

V Mail is actually voice mail, it wouldn't fit on :D

The colour problems are really bugging me.

The incoming alert is a really annoying example. We are given attributes to set the background, title and ruler colours of an alert but not the text which seems a strange omission.

Even more annoying is that the phone logo in the bottom right corner has a huge white border on the left so even if you turn the alert box black your white text still gets covered up by that logo. It seems to me that the transparency on the gif isn't being used properly somehow.

There is a call.gif in the windows folder which seems to be that graphic but turns out that it isn't so I don't think we have access to it.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is not to use white text which is a bit of a bodge but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I have tried replacing all the #FFFFFF related to text with #AAAAAA in the bit of lcars.home.xml and it doesn't look too bad.

This doesn't alleviate the PIE shortcut problem. I have tried changing every single color attribute and nothing solves the problem I can only assume that that bit of PIE doesn't use the attribute for text colour. The only way around this would be not to have a black background which would defeat the whole point of the exercise. :(

Star trek is probably one of the most sampled series ever and there are thousands of wav's on the internet, I am sure you could find a suitable one.

Cheers

Mark