The coolest Homescreen you've ever seen !!!!

Guest Smartphony.org

Guest Thurstan

Right - I've not really bothered changing the home screen much - but now I've seen this I want to!

Can someone tell me in simple steps how I can have this as my home screen?

I don't really know what xml is... bit of a technophobe...

BTW I have done searches but most of the stuff I encounter just baffles me!

If it's well known by all could someone pm me or email me with instructions ([email protected])

Cheers

Guest spacemonkey

OK, easiest way... download the zip file and extract the 2 files in it. (Should be Symbios.Jpg and Symbios.home.xml)

Connect your phone to your PC and in activesync click explore.

In the window that comes up go down through Smartphone/IPSM/Application Data/Home.

Copy both files to this directory (Home).

On the phone go to settings pick option 4-Home Screen and make sure it has the following options...

Home screen layout: Symbios

Colour Scheme: Default

Background Image: Default

Time out: Never

Thats it.

Guest spacemonkey

The plugin used for the icons is the MRU (Most Recently Used) plugin, it will automatically add icons as you run programs and the most recently used will be furthest left on the bar.

In this home screen 4 are visible at any one time but if you move to the right the bar will scroll and I think it keeps maybe 10 of them.

There is no editing of what's on here or the 5 default icons that fill the bar when the phone is rebooted.

There is an icon bar plugin that allows a specific list of icons but I'm not personally very interested in that cos it's kinda just a replication of the programs menu.

Guest chewie

^ Its all good, well done space monkey!

What i really wanna know though, is why the f**k my sms counter says i have 1 sms, when i have 0, no sms, none need importing from the sim, why is my crazy phone doing this?

The color scheme is a bit crap though, i shall be using an edited version of the luna scheme!

Guest lycrawearer

On another point ... has anyone confirmed the unread SMS/Mail/MMS indicators work ?

After successfully uploading the Symbios screen, my SPV went off merrily to check for waiting POP3 mail ! Unknown to me it downloaded 1 email, but the Mail indicator did not change ! Still read 0.

I wonder if I have got problems with the phone ! First SMS constantly reading 1, now email arriving and the indicator staying at 0 !

Bah !

Lycrawearer

If you look carefully at the xml code fir the symbios home screen you will find the following>

The SMS counter counts SMS

The Mail counter counts Voice mail

The MMS counter counts emails

Ive swapped the syntax round on mine so it displays things where it should d and it seems to be fine.

Guest lycrawearer

Aah ... cheers !

Don't understand this xml stuff !

Mail should surely be renamed V/Mail, and perhaps MMS renamed Email ?

BTW - that's not a negative comment - just a wish ! It's still a superb homescreen !

Lycrawearer

Guest spacemonkey

There are to message count plugins...

I used the Orange plugin which gives you SMS, VMail which is voice mail and Email which on mine counts the MMS messages. I don't have Email setup to pop so this is good for me. MMScount doesn't work in this plugin.

There is a second plugin (different CLSID) from microsoft which gives you SMS, Email and MMS working (I'm told as they should) but with this plugin VMail doesn't count anything.

So that's the story as I know it.

As to your phantom SMS count... in the Inbox have you looked the whole way through to make sure there are no unread msgs? Cos if somehow you got a message with a bad message date on it then it will slot into the list way down (this inbox is sorted by date) and it can be easy to not spot it when it comes in.

Guest Jay-z2k

spacemonkey, can you send me a mail with the modified file to take a look at what I did wrong ? thanks

... and thanks everybody for comments :D

Sorry for the latest reply ever, only just got in from my second job.... Looks cool :D

Setting the colour sceme to default sorted out the disappearing sms, mail and mms when highlighted...

Lets have some more really good ones posted!!

Guest cplowman

Download the 'creative blue' homescreen from smartphony (in french unfortunately) which looks awesome, plus 2 .wav files for SMS and calls - a french chick telling you you have a message/call. Fantastic!!!!