Get this going.

Guest Kallisti

Guest Kallisti

OK, just wondering if anyone that reads this is actively developing anything for the smartphone OS, despite not having any hardware available to run it?

Personally I've got a few ideas for some little utils/apps for the SPV that I'm actively coding. The only barrier is that I've not done any VC++ coding before so I'm finding the water a little deep even for basic code. However, I am getting there and working though the quirks happily based on the wealth of samples that it comes with (Windows CE Toolswce300Smartphone 2002samples)

Anyway, just one tip for any novices out there that are confused by it all: The IDE doesnt' seem to accept that you're not developing in MFC, so if you add a resource file (.rc), just go into the file and clear it before using. This should mean that it doesn't try to include afxres.h, but should still work fine. You may then need to include ressrc1.h or something similar in your header or main .cpp file to get at the resources.

Guest spacemonkey

I just got all the SDKs etc arrive updated for the Smartphone on my MSDN subscription so I'm gonna grab the discs and start having a play this weekend. Does the SDK have any demos and info about graphics and stuff?

Anyway, I guess I'll find out for myself when I install it, catcha all later. Check the thread on "Application Laundering" in SPV Main as this might provide insight to a possible solution to some of our dev issues in the longer run and tell me what you think.