Reception

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So how good is the SPV at gettting and holding a signal. I changed to a T68 from a Nokia and although the T68 does what I want, it is not as good as my Nokia and getting and holding a signal (I know others have found the same)

Guest Paul [MVP]

I have just switched from a T68i to the SPV, and although it is early days, I have found the reception exceptionally good, definitely better than my old T68i.

P

Guest strathclydezero

I'm still swithering upgrading - and this is the hanging point.

Where I work I get a poor signal on my J5 - have to sit dead still to have a conversation - so any weaker a signal couldn't be tolerated. What are peoples experiences?

(although there is always the 7 day return from orange direct to test it if needs be)

The reception is poor :D compared to by old 8210 but when it has one bar it is more than enough for a conversation. I think as someone has said already that the SPV is very pessimistic about the signal strength.

BTW, can even browse the net quite reasonable with one bar :shock:

I used to get four bars in my living room with my old Nokia 6210 phone, when I upgraded to the SPV I was only getting 1 or 2 at best.

After reading about changing your home screen to the full setup (Programs > Settings > Home Screen) to make the menu's faster I found that my signal strength increased, or the visual representation of the signal did.

Usage wise though it has always been good, for voice and data calls.

Rob

Guest strathclydezero

It's well known within the industry that Nokias often work to a higher signal level than they say they do :wink: - but it's a J5 I'm comparing it to. Thanks for the pointers guys.

Guest strathclydezero

Having now gone out and bought one I reckon it's performing slightly better than the J5, although showing less signal on the meter. Was it the update that fixed the meter sensitivity ... cause I cant get it yet - 156 said GPRS took 24 hours to enable.

I was on o2 fore 2 years before i changed to orange and got the SPV. I always had 4 or 5 bars on my 8250 on o2, but calls used to cut out all the time.

On th SPV i am lucky if i get more than 1 bar of signal, this doesnt seem to be an orange problem as other people with 6310's and such seem to get really good signals!

On the plus side though, the voice quality of the SPV seems brilliant compared to my 8250 on O2.

Guest Honest John

Rob.P

:?:

Can you be specific about the EXACT options to set to get better reception? I have seen a few choices, including backgrounds etc, but I would appreciate a definitive setting.

Many thanks. :D

• 3 years later...