XDA II Questions

Guest HaZarD

I am thinking of getting an XDA II/Qtek 2020/I-mate but there are a couple of things I want to know before getting one:

Does GPS work out of the box? If not what do you need to get to make it work?

What is the average battery life with/without expansion?

The emulators that have been ported to mobile devices, particularly pocket SNES, how well does this run on the device with its higher processor speed and ram?

Also, is it possible to unlock an O2 XDA II without actually activating the O2 simcard?

If you buy an XDA which is locked to O2, can it use pay as you go O2 simcards out of the box?

Cheers

All I had to do was enter an Access Point name and it worked.

What is the average battery life with/without expansion?

About 4 days if you don't use it, 1 day if you play Quake the whole time. Don't have an expantion.

The emulators that have been ported to mobile devices, particularly pocket SNES, how well does this run on the device with its higher processor speed and ram?

Not tried PSNES but I've run some fairly simple MAMECE games like Pang and they're flawless.

Don't know about the other questions. It's a pretty great device though, if you ask me.

Guest mattscholey

All I had to do was enter an Access Point name and it worked.

Do you really mean GPS here (Global Positioning System), or GPRS (General Packet Radio Station, used the transfer data over mobile phone networks)?

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I mean GPS (Global Positioning System). I've read that people have had problems getting this to work. What is an Access Point name anyway? And is GPS dependant on you having an O2 contract?

And do O2 pay and go simcards work without unlocking the XDA?

• 1 month later...
Guest shadamehr
I mean GPS (Global Positioning System). I've read that people have had problems getting this to work. What is an Access Point name anyway? And is GPS dependant on you having an O2 contract? ?

BUMP ^

Does GPS (Global Positioning) work out of the box - if not, what is involved, and in the UK what is a CHEAP way of showing your position on a map, as I assume mapping software would be needed?