call for free

Guest kjk

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest extravagant
GPRS prices are very bad..  therefore that program will not flourish..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I opened MSN Messenger a few times for a few seconds and went on msn.com ONE TIME and got chraged $15 Canadian.

Guest extravagant
I opened MSN Messenger a few times for a few seconds and went on msn.com ONE TIME and got chraged $15 Canadian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

!

Guest FloatingFatMan
If skype could send sms for free... could be convenient, otherwise, using voip on gprs is TOO expensive

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does have it's uses though... When at home, I often use Skype to make calls to friends over BT via my PC (can be a little flakey sometimes, but generally it's OK). It becomes even more usefull if you have a Wifi SDIO card & you're in a free hotspot ;) But I agree about using it on GPRS... NOT the way to go!

Guest jfran

got to agree with you there fatman, skype over wifi / BT is the way it should be used until GPRS charges come down.

rgds

Jim

• 1 month later...
Guest dcarbonetti

it would be good to have a VOIP that can call all phones or users without them needing to have anything installed like being able to call a homephone or order pizza, etc

Guest dazza12

As far as I'm aware, GPRS speeds aren't quick enough to do VOIP. I use Skype on the M2000, but only on WiFi.

Can be quite handy when you are in range of a hotspot as well - either an official expensive one or the 'unlocked' ones you can find on a short drive through your local area.......