itsallymcmental, on Sep 13 2005, 12:47, said:
ok before I start let me point out I am female and blonde. Just received the m2000 from my insurance co, its an orange phone and I am on voda, how do I unlock it? Also see that ebay are selling tom tom software if I buy this what else do I need to run the sat nav? If I decide to sell it instead what price would be realistic for it as its still in its box?
How do you men cope with this stuff lol, I am lost just looking at it.
Any help please would be great but be gentle with me these things scare me.
1) stating you are female always helps in forums, many spotty young boys think they can help you out and get in your knickers.
Don't see it as a disadvantage, a guy I know always puts female in his profile due to this "helpful" attitude of other members
Besides, the smartest chick I know (2 x phd) is blonde...
2) unlock is discussed in the thread "Blue Angel Free Sim-unlock" in this forum
3) ebay software is often dodgy, buyer beware. TomTom don't sell their stuff without the hardware. The hardware is a GPS unit, you can get either wired or bluetooth ones. You don't need to use the official one; I got a second GPS that works with TomTom from eBay for a 60 quid delivered (some german company I think)
4) resell value: dunno, look on eBay and see what they are currently selling for. Always look at the actual sale prices when the auction closes.
5) we cope 'cos most of us are geeky! If it's not complicated it bores me!