Wi Fi security

Guest dazza12

Guest dazza12

I've been trying to get my M2000 to work with a couple of access points over the last few days.

I own a DLink access point. The phone connects and browses with no problem if no security is applied. On a Belkin access point, it doesn't want to connect at all. Both access points support 802.11g, but are set in a mode where a & b can be used. No other device is being used with the access points when I try, to ensure I'm getting a clean connection.

If I set WEP or WPA on the DLink, my laptop connects fine to it but if I use the same settings on the M2000, it says it is connected but no network access!

At the moment, my access point is set to no security. I do however turn the access point off if it's not in use. Network-wise I'm fairly ok as I have a domain set up at home with almost everything locked down.

Has anyone been testing WiFi on these phones to see what configurations work best? And does anyone have a Belkin 54g access point that they've managed to successfully connect their phone to? If so I'd be very interested to note the configuration.

** Edited due to a very strange attachment appearing at the bottom of the post - I didn't post it!

Guest m2000onorder

I am experiencing similar issues.

At home I have a broadband wireless modem/ wireless router and can attach my M2000 to access the internet whilst using the WEP key. I can't, however, work out how to set up the network or my phone such that I can access folders across Wifi.

Anyone like to talk me though it...?

Guest dazza12
I am experiencing similar issues.  

At home I have a broadband wireless modem/ wireless router and can attach my M2000 to access the internet whilst using the WEP key. I can't, however, work out how to set up the network or my phone such that I can access folders across Wifi.

Anyone like to talk me though it...?

There's a program available called Net Use that allows you to connect to a share on a PC or server. Can't quite locate where I downloaded it from, but I'll post it when I find it.

It will put a folder in any application so you can access the network share.

Guest SuperTolly

Like other folks I have been struggling with wifi security. In the end I have gone for MAC address control, whereas I would prefer a network key.

One thingi did spot though- my phone refused to connect where the SSID was in mixed case- I had to use lower case for it to work.

Thought I would mention it in case it saved someone hours of frustration.