Clicks during mp3 playback

Guest ventmore

Guest ventmore

Hey all...I'm thouroughly(sp) loving my M2000, however, it seems that when I play mp3s with media player, there is a lot of clicks and noises during playback. The mp3s were encoded with itunes for windows at 192kbps. I have tried encoding them at a lower bitrate. All of the tunes work fine on the pc, and in the car mp3 player. Do I have a faulty unit?

Cheers

Ventmore

Guest dazza12

Are there any other applications running on the phone? It won't necessarily be obvious, you need to access the Memory applet from the Settings menu. There should be a tab with running programs on it, terminate the ones you don't need.

Also, are you playing these files over a WiFi link or are they stored on a card / the phone?

Guest ventmore
Are there any other applications running on the phone? It won't necessarily be obvious, you need to access the Memory applet from the Settings menu. There should be a tab with running programs on it, terminate the ones you don't need.

Also, are you playing these files over a WiFi link or are they stored on a card / the phone?

They are stored in the cards main memory, and there are no other programs running. I tend to shut everything down from the memory applet out of habit to conserve battery life.

I need to do some more testing, as I found an old mp3 that worked just fine. It used the same bit-rate and stereo options. The only difference was that it was a short (10 second) sound clip rather than a tune. Really confused now!

Cheers

Ventmore

Guest ventmore

OK guys...all now appears to be working. The only thing I've done since last night is a soft-reset, and it works fine now. Any ideas why? There were deffinitely no programs running last night.

Cheers

Ventmore