You Gotta Try This!!!

Guest TigerNet

Guest TigerNet

...I don't know if anyone has already done this, but I just loaded Microsoft Voice Commander onto my iMate Jam...

It has just improved the performance loads...you just speak and it obeys - to call, get contacts/calendar or start programs from the Start Menu...

...now I know this is not a new program, but when put on the Jam...WOW!!! Give it a go... 8)

Cheers

Nick

Guest namiran

can you use this to call someone without picking up your phone? like if i have my jam in my pocket, can i press any button on the headset that lets me use a command to call someone? :) cuz i really miss that on my c500

Guest andrewpmoore
can you use this to call someone without picking up your phone? like if i have my jam in my pocket, can i press any button on the headset that lets me use a command to call someone? :) cuz i really miss that on my c500

from what I've read it's got to be initiated from a button on the phone, so I've replaced the sound recorder with voice command. So with a quick rumage in your pocket :shock: you could then probably make a call via voice

Guest TigerNet

...but works so well...I've just been using it in the car coming back from Christmas shopping...and yes, although you initiate it with a button, the recognition is great!!! i will be forking over the dosh for it...

Cheers

Nick

...I don't know if anyone has already done this, but I just loaded Microsoft Voice Commander onto my iMate Jam...

It has just improved the performance loads...you just speak and it obeys - to call, get contacts/calendar or start programs from the Start Menu...

...now I know this is not a new program, but when put on the Jam...WOW!!! Give it a go... 8) 

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

i went to Handango and it says it is only for US customers........where did you get your copy from ??

regards

Mark

...not seen it on the Jam...???

...but Voice Commander opens programs, shows contacts, plays media as well as making calls...

Cheers

Nick

MS Voice is not officially available in the UK. I was told this was due to it being designed for American accents and vocabulary. Can it speak back in a UK voice? Does it work OK with English pronunciation?

Voice Central (which includes Voice Dial) has similar functionality to the MS product but is $10 cheaper. I haven't tried it yet but believe it's available with a UK voice pack.