TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Scuba Diving, Skiing
  • Devices:HTC Touch 2 and iPhone 3Gs
  • Twitter:@lsdscuba
...I don't know if anyone has already done this, but I just loaded Microsoft Voice Commander onto my iMate Jam...

It has just improved the performance loads...you just speak and it obeys - to call, get contacts/calendar or start programs from the Start Menu...

...now I know this is not a new program, but when put on the Jam...WOW!!! Give it a go... 8)

Cheers
Nick

namiran

namiran

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Devices:M3100
can you use this to call someone without picking up your phone? like if i have my jam in my pocket, can i press any button on the headset that lets me use a command to call someone? :) cuz i really miss that on my c500

andrewpmoore

andrewpmoore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

can you use this to call someone without picking up your phone? like if i have my jam in my pocket, can i press any button on the headset that lets me use a command to call someone? :) cuz i really miss that on my c500

from what I've read it's got to be initiated from a button on the phone, so I've replaced the sound recorder with voice command. So with a quick rumage in your pocket :shock: you could then probably make a call via voice

scott_donald

scott_donald

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
ah its so expensive...

any free apps that do the same...

TigerNet

TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
...but works so well...I've just been using it in the car coming back from Christmas shopping...and yes, although you initiate it with a button, the recognition is great!!! i will be forking over the dosh for it...

Cheers
Nick

boyo69

boyo69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

...I don't know if anyone has already done this, but I just loaded Microsoft Voice Commander onto my iMate Jam...

It has just improved the performance loads...you just speak and it obeys - to call, get contacts/calendar or start programs from the Start Menu...

...now I know this is not a new program, but when put on the Jam...WOW!!! Give it a go... 8) 

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick

i went to Handango and it says it is only for US customers........where did you get your copy from ??

regards

Mark

TigerNet

TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
...try www.pocketpc.com and follow the links from there...

Cheers
Nick

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I think the MDA Compact comes with Fonix Voice Dial as part of it's software bundle, is that correct?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

TigerNet

TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
...not seen it on the Jam...???

...but Voice Commander opens programs, shows contacts, plays media as well as making calls...

Cheers
Nick

Metoo

Metoo

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

...not seen it on the Jam...???

...but Voice Commander opens programs, shows contacts, plays media as well as making calls...

Cheers
Nick

MS Voice is not officially available in the UK. I was told this was due to it being designed for American accents and vocabulary. Can it speak back in a UK voice? Does it work OK with English pronunciation?

Voice Central (which includes Voice Dial) has similar functionality to the MS product but is $10 cheaper. I haven't tried it yet but believe it's available with a UK voice pack.

TigerNet

TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
...not had any problems with it, but I will also try Voice Central (form Fonix?)...it seems that there may be even more functionality there...

TigerNet

TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
...just had a quick play with Voice Central and also seems to work great...not sure which I will end up paying for though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users