Will there be a m3000 to match the XDAIIi ?

Guest athertop

Guest athertop

Even though the O2 XDAIIs is fresh on the shelves, a newer model called the XDAIIi will shortly be available to O2's business customers. This apparently has a faster Intel PXA270 processor which runs at 520 MHz instead of the standard 400MHz processor and 1.3MP camera.

Will Orange do the same within a few months of the m2000 release? Maybe an SPV m3000 ? Have searched for info on this without much luck so far but any insider info would be appreciated. No point in upgrading to the m2000 if the m3000 is round the corner!

Thx in adv, Paul

Guest fraser
Even though the O2 XDAIIs is fresh on the shelves, a newer model called the XDAIIi will shortly be available to O2's business customers. This apparently has a faster Intel PXA270 processor which runs at 520 MHz instead of the standard 400MHz processor and 1.3MP camera.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, interesting. I've been looking into one of the blue angel variants with the intention to get one this week. I might just be willing to hold off if it's coming soon, but I couldn't see any shop on the net listing it, even for pre-order. It's kinda hard to google for, are you sure on the model number? There is a XDAIII already out there (an older one?), and I'm finding that a lot of sites are not listing the model number correctly, or the specs are lifted off one of the available phones listings.

Has anyone got any info on any these variants they could throw my way?

TIA!

Guest fraser
,Jan 5 2005, 12:17]The unit is the HTC Andes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Paul, but I'm not quite sure if that's correct. A google for that project name only threw back XDA II, HTC QTEK 2020 and i-Mate Phone Edition references. Seems to be a previous model.

PS I note your sig mentions the iMate Jam, which also has a megapixel camera. Do you reckon it's worth it? I'm guessing same manufacturer, same components. I'm also considering buying a camera, but a decent phone cam might save me carrying around more gizmos.

Edited by fraser

Guest HaZarD
Thanks Paul, but I'm not quite sure if that's correct. A google for that project name only threw back XDA II, HTC QTEK 2020 and i-Mate Phone Edition references. Seems to be a previous model.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure the XDA IIi is the HTC Alpine, and most sites referring to "XDA III" tend to be talking about the XDA IIs, HTC Blue Angel or M2000.

(You really think they could come up with slightly more creative names wouldn't you, maybe to prevent all this cryptic name confusion.)

HaZarD

Guest fraser
I'm pretty sure the XDA IIi is the HTC Alpine, and most sites referring to "XDA III" tend to be talking about the XDA IIs, HTC Blue Angel or M2000.

(You really think they could come up with slightly more creative names wouldn't you, maybe to prevent all this cryptic name confusion.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Google ignores case, so differentiating between III and IIi is a farce!

So, is the new IIi actually based off the III and not the IIs? So, therefore it has no slide-out keyboard then? That may swing it back to the IIs for me. Damn, I've been waiting on WiFi since my first-gen SPV, I want it now!!! :)

Edited by fraser

Guest HaZarD

Personally I wouldn't bother with the keyboard. The IIi has more than enough to compensate for this loss in my opinion.

520mHz processor

1.3 MP camera

Windows media player 10

Bluetooth 1.2

I think you will be able to get a VGA backpack for it too, which is a great plus.

Also, the keyboard maybe good, but its just that one extra external thing that can break or go wrong. And if I bought one, knowing my luck, it probably would.

Up to you, go for the one with the keyboard, or the one with the stuff in the list above. I'm just voicing my (clearly) biased opinion. :)

HaZarD

Guest fraser

Jeez, and now I find this! It's the IV model, boosting the speed up to 624MHz and apparently it's GSM/3G, plus it takes the resolution up to 640x480 instead of 320x240.

Defo worth waiting for!

[edit] The linked article is dated July '04, and I'm not seeing anything recent on it. :)

Edited by fraser