Screen backlight problem resolved.

Guest idavid

right i have been having a few little problems with the backlight on my lovley jam that i have now resolved.

the problem only seemed to occur when i was drunk and i have been ignoring it, cos i kept forgetting about it. the problem was this. sometimes when i turned by jam on the backlight would not turn on. the screen would work, but without the backlight its pretty useless. anyway, i have discovered that this is a feature!

it works like this. you can turn the backlight off, when the device is on by holding down the power button for about a second. one in its darkened state, if you then turn it off, the next time you turn it back on it will turn on with the backlight off!

you can avoid this by always pressing the button quickly. hope this helps. probably i was the only one who didnt realise this was happening... :)

thanks to wkaericher elsewhere for this...

Guest spacerace

Yes I had this when I bought a second hand Clie UX50 - I think it's a fairly standard thing but if you haven't come across it before it can take a while to figure out...

My Clie was in this state "out of the box" and I was almost penning my complaint letter regarding a duff product before I checked if this had happened ! Very relieved...

Guest Tyrant_worm

Hi David,

I cannot believe this is the device working as intended but rather a bug, seems common to HTC magician platform. It should not overide the Backlight settings in the device, the only way to recover seems to be toggling "backlight on screen touch/button press" in the relevent internal/external power tab.

Have you found another?