c500 Ringtones? wheres the best free ones

Guest simonbratt99

Guest simonbratt99

hi,

ive only got the standard ring tones and alerts.

Id like to get some real funky, groovy, modern, cool, sounds.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Im after more sound effects, than music, as i can do the music ones.

Thanks

Simon

Guest shodanjr_gr

All you need do it is convert your favorite songs to WMA files and then copy em over to your phone and use em as ring tones. Thats what i do :)

Guest simonbratt99

thanks but cant see where to make your own in that link (and im guessing there not very good)

and thanks i know how to make songs ringtones as i said.

Guest Disco Stu

Google is your friend here.

Just put "wav" or "MIDI" + "whatever you fancy" into the box and you'll soon find plenty of sound effect sites :)

Guest Confused Stu

Alternatively, join CoolSmartPhone.com and start trawling through the download section. I defy anyone over the age of 18 not to have the Rainbow theme tune as their ringtone - at least for 5 minutes, we've all done it!

Guest diabolicus
All you need do it is convert your favorite songs to WMA files and then copy em over to your phone and use em as ring tones. Thats what i do :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats a good program for converting mp3's to WMA?

hi,

ive only got the standard ring tones and alerts.

Id like to get some real funky, groovy, modern, cool, sounds.

Im after more sound effects, than music, as i can do the music ones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you Google for "[effect] sound effect wav download" then you can find most things.

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/ has tons.

If you're into electronic music (drum and bass, techno, etc), lots of sites have free "loops" for constructing new tracks which are a few seconds long and make good ringtones, especially tweaking the registry to remove the delay between each repetition of the tone.

I use Sound Forge and/or GoldWave for cutting up, editing a melody. I save it as MP3 than i use Windows Media Encoder (Search on Microsoft's site for this) for converting MP3s to WMA

http://www.goldwave.com/

If you want to work with MP3s you must download lame_enc.dll (and copy to Goldwave directory). Search with Google

@ga!nusha I think we are going far off-topic here// :D Let's use PM or other way of cummunication :D I don't own a C500 because I see how easy the dust is getting inside it (a person has a c500 for about a mouth and there is dust under the glass screen)... So, i will wait for other windows (2005) smartphone...

I've added a few ringtones. I just used Media player to convert some audio clips on CD to WMA, was quite painless.

What about Test message sounds. It doesn't seem to accept WMA, is it just midi, which is really limiting :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jporch316

try

www.airfagev.com

they have ready made cut to size .wav files.

they also have lots of freeware

personally i use mc hammer - cant touch this - remember you dont need all of the song just 30 seconds or so