bluetooth on C500

Guest cmaurer

Guest cmaurer

Hi guys, had my C500 for a couple of weeks and have been able to receive files via bluetooth but cannot send. have since discovered from HTC that 'orange' have disabled this function but there is a way round it. they suggested this website. does anyone have any info on this?

cheers

Guest cmaurer
Welcome to the site  :(

The built-in File Manager will do it.

Though it only says IR, it will actually look for BT devices as well.

Binary's essential http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=55367>Smart Explorer does this better.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply, it will search for BT devices if it is a contact or an appointment. it does not find BT devices if it is anything else. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Guest tsutton

Pardon me for butting in but...

I have a MSI USB Bluetooth device. On my computer, I right click a file, selected Bluetooth -> Find device.

It found my phone but when it start to send it, I got an error message "Service File Transfer is not found on device SPV_C500"

How do I start it on my phone?

Thanks.

Guest Disco Stu
Thanks for the reply, it will search for BT devices if it is a contact or an appointment. it does not find BT devices if it is anything else. Any thoughts?

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I was thinking of is to use the File Manager in Accessories to highlight the file you want to send. Then hit Menu, File, Send (or whatever).

I've not used it myself as I use the Binarys version but others have posted that it will send music & pictures.

Guest Terminal
What I was thinking of is to use the File Manager in Accessories to highlight the file you want to send. Then hit Menu, File, Send (or whatever).

I've not used it myself as I use the Binarys version but others have posted that it will send music & pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you are saying that if I go in via file manager and choose to send via infrared that my C500 will look for BT devices as well??? I have tried and I get the defalt infrared interaction screen telling me to allign ports and hit beam.

To be honest I think this sucks very hard. Why would orange disable the most useful feature of bluetooth, that of sharing files. My crappy old X70 could do it and my swanky C500 cannot. This sucks. If anyone knows of any software to enable the sharing of files via BT then PLEEEEEESE let me know!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Disco Stu, you are supremely helpful. Do you know if it comes in English?

edit = doh I found the english biutton at the top of the page  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I read your post above and I have the same problem. Only installing the smart explorer ddint solve this. I rang Orange who informed me it was disabled to force us to use their network for sending files etc. That really annoyed me. If i go to file Manager/ Smart Explorer then select a file to send (a picture file for example). Then choose send via IR, there is a beam option but no bluetooth devices show up in the search.

So i gues i need to find some s/w update to override this blocking. My bluetooth works fine cos i do use a blue tooth headset.

Any ideas anyone?

Guest skaramanga

Bluetooth functionality on the SPV's never seemed to be up with, for example, Nokias. My old Nokia would send any file via bluetooth, but the SPV seems temperamental in regard to this, sometimes it works, sometimes no luck.

Guest Confucious

Nokia's have a wonderful habit of being open to hacking, their car kits will only work with some phones and generally being very poor on BT security. Motorolas are so tight with BT security it is very dificult to do anythinng and the SPV's BT is, as you say, not that hot. Microsoft have very pooprly implemented BT in all their OSs.

The only decent BT seems to be SEs but Ericsson have been developing BT for years so it's not suprising they've got it right.

In a few more years everyone else will have caught them up.

Maybe :D

....yes this has really got on my nerves. I installed smart Explorer v1 but whenever i do send via IR my phone does its usual search for other devices. It never detects any- even though there are plenty. BT works fine for my headset.

Would upgrading to Smart Explorer v2 have any effect?

Guest Confused Stu

Confucious, you do make me laugh! 1455 posts with a combined total of 1456 words!

Have you thought of starting a cult "The Confucious Way of increasing your posts for minimal effort"? If you pay for part one of this course with your credit card you receive this special edition course "The Confused Stu method for annoying existing long-standing members and getting yourself banned from the forum in the search for a joke".

:D

Posted from my padded cell!

Guest alexis_winters17

I can send files via BT using Smart E, but I can't bloody recieve them! WHYYYY! I've tried bonding devices and so on, but it doesnt work!

help!

alexis_winters17

Go to Start | Settings | Beam, and then check the box “Receive Incoming Beams”. For receiving via bluetooth you must set Bluetooth discoverable (from: Start | Settings | Bluetooth | Bluetooth, select Discoverable)

Guest cmaurer

Hi Guys

just downloaded smart explorer V1 and BT is still not playing ball. guess I will just have to try V2 or wait for them to catch up with everyone else.

Any more ideas would be very welcome.

Cheers