Anyone successful in unlocking the MPX220?

Guest RabanJr

Guest RabanJr

I got a black dot 1.3 mpx220 at BB. Very happy and boom, it was locked. Doing some research and seeing that it is not that easy to unlock it.

Has anyone successfully unlocked one yet?

Allan

[email protected] gave me code and it works ask them to give you yours even if youaren't cingular customer you are entitled to it give them your imei don't state that you are not cing customer let me know if it work I am a cing customer and had no problems

[email protected]  gave me code and it works ask them to give you yours even if youaren't cingular customer you are entitled to it give them your imei don't state that you are not cing customer let me know if it work I am a cing customer and had no problems

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Wolf55,

I got the code from them too, but after I folow they instruction how to unlock the phone I can't get it unlock. I try to use T-mobile SIM for the phone, I keep getting the message asking for unblock code and pin number. What did I do wrong? Please help! Thanks!

hi

i m also stuck with the unblock code with the mpx220. any solution.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unblck code mean you did too many failed attempts

you only get 5 tries to do it right.

What i did was just put the unlock code in the white box, i did not do the #39# (or something like that) thingy they tell you to do before putting the unlock code.

as for unblock code contact motorola they probably have it if not try cingular again, I don't know what else to tell you. (btw it doesn't matter where you got the phone you are entitled to bought as you payed money for it, worst comes to worst threaten everyone with a lawsuit if they are unwilling to give you the info for a phone you payed good money for, customer is always right!!)

peace.

Guest markusian
I got the unlock code from Cingular today.  Put it in and BAM! Unlocked.  It seems that it is one of the only ways to get it.

Allan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How long did it take them to reply?

I requested the unlock code for my MPx220 three days ago. No reply yet.

Thank you.

-Mark

Guest RabanJr
I got the coe too. But phone is asking for UNBLOCK CODE and New PIN

what do i do??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to contact Motorola and tell them that you have the right code, but that you need the "UNBLOCK" Code.

Otherwise your phone is dead. :cry:

Allan

Guest Jamma14

I'm thinking of buying a mpx220 in the uk from o2 or expansys but only if i can get it unlocked....wot other ways are there? Could i use a code from cingular?? And how have they locked up ppls fones????

Guest ozziegn

yeah, Cingular gave me my unlocking code for my phone via email w/o any problems.

they did however ask me for my info like my name and account number and of course the IMEI # as well.

yeah, Cingular gave me my unlocking code for my phone via email w/o any problems.

they did however ask me for my info like my name and account number and of course the IMEI # as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you please provide some information on how you contacted Cingular ? What e-mail did you send the request to..? Or did you use a contact number.?

Thx,