Virtual Pool Mobile Smartphone Beta is here

Guest vpmobile

Guest max1956bikes
Rack ‘em up, road warriors. Virtual Pool, the world’s best selling 3D pool simulation, has finally gone mobile. This is the only pool simulation so real it’s guaranteed to improve your game in the pool hall, and now it’s available for the Pocket PC. All the best features from the award winning PC version are included: Realistic physics, intuitive interface, touch sensitive cue stick control, and interactive Career Mode, with six different rooms and opponents.

We are looking for a few Beta testers in order to check as many Smartphone devices as possible.  Email me to let me know if you are interested.  We will be accepting about 10 testers... or enough that we get a wide array of devices.

We expect Virtual Pool Mobile to ship for Smartphone within the next 2 weeks.

post-105087-1105514737_thumb.jpg

post-105087-1105514752_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Gorskar

I have an SPV e100 (smartphone2002)

At some point I will get a better phone, hopefully the mpx220 when its available over here, but for now if you need a beta tester with an e100 drop me a PM and I'd love to try it :D

Guest vpmobile

OK, thanks for the great response. Here is Beta 1.18 - Trial version. Please include details about the device you have with any comments. ie; what type device, where the game is installed, other problems you might have with other software etc.

When the setup process takes place, you will have the chance to print out the Quick Start... please do this!!

VPMobileSPBeta118.zip

Well, it certainly looks good ! :D

I just can't get it to play... If I try to shoot, holding down the apropriate softkey and releasing it results in the game "hanging", the cue just keeps striking the cue ball but the ball doesn't move.. If my "opponent" start the game the same thing happens.

I also can't seem to really adjust the cue force, holding down the softkey pulls the cue back to one position, then there is no other possibilty then to release it again.

Anybody experiencing the same ?

Guest vpmobile
Well, it certainly looks good !  :D

I just can't get it to play... If I try to shoot, holding down the apropriate softkey and releasing it results in the game "hanging", the cue just keeps striking the cue ball but the ball doesn't move.. If my "opponent" start the game the same thing happens.

I also can't seem to really adjust the cue force, holding down the softkey pulls the cue back to one position, then there is no other possibilty then to release it again.

Anybody experiencing the same ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure your phone has an Owner Name. It doesn't matter what you enter, but you must have *something* in there. This is part of the copy protection system.

Make sure your phone has an Owner Name.  It doesn't matter what you enter, but you must have *something* in there.  This is part of the copy protection system.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My phone has a ownername.. there are more programs out there that use the ownername to identify the phone.

I did install VP on the storage card by the way, dunno if that makes any kind of difference..

Does this game use GAPI? Cause i cant get anywhere from the career menu. When i press home, i can hear the audio from the intro, but im stuck on the career screen, and when i press a key the audio stops but nothing happens.

Guest bosshogg

Installed mine on the storage card (C500), works like a dream. Very impressive...controls take a bit of getting used to though. Also experienced a bit of slowdown when a few balls were moving around, but it could have been the phone doing something else in the background. I'll hammer it some more tonight.

I installed mine directly on my phone (Audiovox SMT5600). No miniSD card as of yet. It plays just like my iPAQ 5555 version. So far, no issues. Hell, I even got $50 beating the first guy in trying out the beta version. The only thing that might be more of an issue with my phone than anything else is that with the "rocker" joystick I have on the phone, it wasn't simple to adjust my aim. If I held it in a certain direction, the game quickly moved the tip of the cue around the ball. When I tried to rock it one direction or another, it took several tries to just slightly move it. This might be something I can adjust in the menu, but I didn't look (still at work and while this is a nice distraction, I can't play too long or i'll get in trouble). Anyhow, the sound is great and the gameplay is on par with what I have on my PDA. I hope you guys come out with the retail version soon....it would really be nice is current owners of the PDA version could get a little discount as well, but that's not a must... :D

Uninstalled, re-installed on the storage card and it works :D

I love it... my girlfriends gonna kill me as soon as she finds out I'm now playin' pool on my phone aswell :D

Guest vpmobile
Uninstalled, re-installed on the storage card and it works  :D

I love it... my girlfriends gonna kill me as soon as she finds out I'm now playin' pool on my phone aswell  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry about the intial trouble. Every once and a while, the install doesn't work correctly and the trial version has this problem.

Guest vpmobile
Does this game use GAPI? Cause i cant get anywhere from the career menu. When i press home, i can hear the audio from the intro, but im stuck on the career screen, and when i press a key the audio stops but nothing happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it does use GAPI... however, if you got as far as the main menu, then things should work fine. What kind of phone do you have and does it have problems running other games?

Guest beersoft

ok,

had a play, and yep, it rocks!!

if you have problems with it playing the fmv intro then crashing back to the start menu just reboot the phone and you should be ok

/me goes off to charge his collection of smartphones for some real testing

later

Owen

Tried it briefly last night--very cool! It's amazingly close to the PC version I have. I did have to scroll around and zoom a lot to see the numbers on the ball since I don't know them by color. I sank a few out of order!

Guest lukeap69

it works fine with my SAP (tanager). i wish the stroke cue key is assigned to other keys except the soft buttons (hash key would be great) because the soft buttons fot the tanager are the first one to sink.

very nice game though. can't wait to challenge efren "the magician" bata reyes. LOL

regards,

lukeap

Guest vpmobile
it works fine with my SAP (tanager). i wish the stroke cue key is assigned to other keys except the soft buttons (hash key would be great) because the soft buttons fot the tanager are the first one to sink.

very nice game though. can't wait to challenge efren "the magician" bata reyes. LOL

regards,

lukeap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We will probably make a configurable keymap for the release. I was hoping to not have to do that... but it looks like it is needed.