QTek ROM Update Available

Guest namiran

Too bad they don't list the improvements they have made to this ROM, like whether Mediaplayer 10 is in it...

What the hell, I probably won't be able to resist trying to get this on my C500 :D

Guest pete_thomson
Let us know how it goes on the C500, and what the improvements are.  I'd like to try it on my SMT 5600.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just in case I'm tempted........ where can I get the standard Orange C500 image?

Guest ms264556

It refuses to install on my C500 - Says I have the wrong hardware.

Maybe I can mix and match files from this and from the Orange update?

Or is there a trick to using someone else's firmware?

Tried swapping the nbf file into my orange updater - still won't work.

The exact error is:

ERROR [294]: INVALID VENDER ID

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The trick used to be : start ORANGE updater (say the 4.1.1.4 update), proceed untill just before the flashing of the phone starts, copy .nbf file from the other vendor (Qtek in this case) to replace the one from the orange update (its in c:\RUU**** or something like that directory) and then click next in the Orange update program. It then flashes the other file :D

Is that what you did ?

Dunno if this will still work on the C500... and i can't try right now because I'm not @home.. :D

Edited by mwille

Guest ms264556

Nope.

The flashing starts fine - it's not until the phone has gone into the update process that the error comes up.

(I just tried your method and the error still pops up).

Nope.

The flashing starts fine - it's not until the phone has gone into the update process that the error comes up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Darn... they've found a way to stop us again :twisted:

I mailed to Qtek in swedenand asked what the changes was and got this reply (in swedish)

Blåtandsfix (kan nu synka med skandinaviskt språk i telefonen)

Uppdaterade patchar för WMP

Simmanager uppdaterad

Javaklient uppdaterad

In english it is:

Bluetoothfix (now able to sync with scandinavian language in the phone)

Uppdated patched to WMP

Simmanager updated

Javaclient updated

So.. that i owe a Qtek 8010 im gonna try this this weekend..

Cheers bEZk

--------

Orange SPV C500 - UK 4.1.1.4 ROM - on Dutch Vodafone :-)

**If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from morons ?**

I also have a c500 from Orange (dutch one). Is it possible to install the UK update and how? and are you able to switch to the dutch langauge and use t9?

I also have a c500 from Orange (dutch one). Is it possible to install the UK update and how? and are you able to switch to the dutch langauge and use t9?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you can still use the dutch language if you want. To install simply downlaod and run the update :D

One thing you do have to do, and that's edit all the settings for GPRS, MMS, WAP, etc. because they will all be set to the Orange UK settings..

Nope.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using the imate rom on my c500. First when I wanted to change rom it just didn't work out,I always got the above error message. But then I unlocked it on Florin's website which solved everything, the update run without any tricks. I am quite sure that unlocking is fideling around with bootloader thats why it works smooth afterwards as the canary screen has chenged after the unlock.

Guest xandercom

:oops:

"DATA CRASHES.

PLEASE CONTACT

YOUR SUPPLIER"

Thats what the screen now sais..

Any ideas on what to do?

this phone did have the orange rom before, unlocked to O2.

Am I gonna have to reflash the orange sim, and then pay AGAIN to have it unlocked for my o2 sim?

Guest jackofall
I'm using the imate rom on my c500. First when I wanted to change rom it just didn't work out,I always got the above error message. But then I unlocked it on Florin's website which solved everything, the update run without any tricks. I am quite sure that unlocking is fideling around with bootloader thats why it works smooth afterwards as the canary screen has chenged after the unlock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are the improvements? and does it have wmp10?

thanks

Guest BennyBoy

Just wondering if anybody has been game enough yet to try this update on an i-mate sp3 yet?? If so did it work and has it made made any difference performance wise to the phone?? I don't think that i am game enough to try this as at the moment i have no backup phone if things went sour....

P.S. 'For i-mate sp3 users...' I heard a wisper that i-mate will be releasing an update for the sp3 at the end of this month which will include........WMP10 :D .

Guest xandercom
Just wondering if anybody has been game enough yet to try this update on an i-mate sp3 yet?? If so did it work and has it made made any difference performance wise to the phone??  I don't think that i am game enough to try this as at the moment i have no backup phone if things went sour....

P.S.  'For i-mate sp3 users...'  I heard a wisper that i-mate will be releasing an update for the sp3 at the end of this month which will include........WMP10 :D .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried it on my orange uk spv3 with out success. It installed ok, but when it started up it said "invalid or missing sim". shortly after i pressed ok i went to the home screen and after a few seconds the screen displayed "software crashed"

I had to re flasdh with the new orange rom.

Curiously enough after the reflash with the orange ROM it was unlocked and open to all networks?!?!

Yeah.. i had that. You need to use the unlock v3 from florin_m (not v2) and do a hard reset after.

ps. you can use v3 even if you've done v2 already (you don't have to pay again just log into the members area on florin_m's site with your imei number)

Edited by cr0bar

Anyone updated their C500 yet? Or found out what build #s this version contain?

Also, did we ever get any info on the difference between the V2 and V3 simunlock?