Prank Call

Guest powellk31

Guest powellk31

I have just had a prank call. I won't bore you with the content of the call. But they did it from a nokia 6230.

The call could make the call, once answered, the caller would then quickly shuffle through his menu on his nokia 6230. Play an .amr file ( Like a WAV ), on a three way conference. Obviously, he would be on handsfree, so everybody in the room could here, and laugh.

Being the sport I am, I thought of a few people I would like to do this to, on my technically advance orange SPV E200.

I know I will need to upgrade my rom to play an .amr file. But I am more concerned as I am unable to make a call the set up a conference in the same way.

Does anybody know how I can set up a three way conference to play either .amr or .wav file?

Your help will be much appreciated.

:evil:

Guest Chaser81

How do you KNOW that they did it from a 6230? I am familiar with commercially available "prank your friends" services, but I have never heard of anyone doing it from their own phone.

Guest powellk31

The called my mobile on Friday night, and came round an told me on Sunday. So I got them to MMS me the .amr file. From that point a conversation started as to the best mobile generally on the market.

Would you know how to conference on the E200 ?

:evil:

You can do conference calls on the Orange network :D

Dial up a any telephone number (mobile,landline,etc) and after connection use the phones menu button to put the call on hold, then dial up a second number and after the second connection use the menu button again where there should be a conference option.

Here's the catch. The originator of the conference pays for all calls so if you were to dial up four telephone numbers and start a conference then you would pay for all fours calls :shock:

• 3 months later...
Guest extravagant
But can you actually play the file whilst in a call?

I know you can't record during a call, but on my c500 it won't play an audio file either

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea it wont play audio at all

Guest Confucious
How do the Album facility work on the E200 ?

:roll:

Why is this in the Typhoon section? The e200 is not an HTC Typhoon.

Could one of the mods please move it to the relevant forum where the questioner is more likely to get a response to his question.

Ta