Anyone know when is MPx 220 available in uk?

Guest kianlo0n

Guest rogerbates
anyone know when will MPx 220 available in uk? i ask the o2 shop and they said they won't release this model... so where can i get it? desparate!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that it will be released at all in the UK now. Been waiting for this phone for over a year now and was getting really annoyed with waiting but from what I have heard about all the bugs and the problems maybe it wasn't such a bad thing for us to miss it.

There are plenty of other phones coming out soon so I am going keep my eye on those, had enough waiting for the "Great MPX220" there are other phones coming out just as good.

Guest philgriffiths

There are rumors that it should be out this month, and it is appearing on some websites for sale now, although only listed as 'coming soon' which would indicate a release isnt far away. But you never can tell, and the longer it goes on the less likley iy is thta it will be out in Jan. Q1 2005 is i think as accurate as motorola and network supplier are giving at the moment... but like rogerbates said it has been pushed back before, i would expect it to be released eventually tho. but thats just my personal opinion

Guest benjytrainer

Drawing together what everyone has says and present situation :

Orange : now not even in testing - which isn't a good sign, since handsets usually progress through and get released! Don't hold your breath. i-mate JAM might even beat it / replace it to market !

O2 : Been in catalogue since Dec 04, but no sign it's coming. Shops don't know anything about a potential release date, loads of people saying Jan 05, but very unlikely. May slip in to Q105 sometime.

Generic : You can buy from US, or try and source in Europe. If you are buying in US, you need to take care of firmware issues and locking, if you are getting from Europe, just try and actually lay hands on the hardware

benj

Guest Immortal

I spoke to Vodafone they said that they are releasing it to their business customers on the 16th of February.

Thank you for your mail.

The Motorola MPX220 will be available to Business customers approximately 16th February 2005.

I trust you will find this information useful.  If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Nigel Sinclair

Customer Management

Edited by Immortal

Guest Immortal

I also got this when i asked about consumer release:

hank you for your mail.

We do not have a release date available at present for consumer and cannot guarantee it will be released to the public at present.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Nigel Sinclair

Customer Management

Vodafone Limited

Guest stevem999
I spoke to Vodafone they said that they are releasing it to their business customers on the 16th of February.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do they know you're a business customer- surely money is money to the networks?

Guest stevem999

I just got this reply from Motorola UK

MPX220 Availability

Dear Mr *******

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

In regards to your email. Please be advised that the MPX220 is already on the UK

markets. The launch date was approximately a month ago. If you wish to obtain

the unit, contact our Sales line on 08000 151 151 or your local dealer.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to

contact us again, quoting your Question Reference number.

Motorola Cellular Response Centre (UK)

Are they just talking about Expansys or have we missed something? I guess they must be selling them direct unless anyone knows who's phone number that is they quote?

Guest stevem999
Well they arent out on the networks so Motorola must mean that they are selling them direct through their own sales teams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't spoken to anyone as went in a queue and I'm in work but the phone number quoted by Moto goes through to a company called Dextra - tried their site www.dextra.co.uk and looks like they just sell stuff on behalf of mobile maufacturers etc.

Will try them again in a bit and see what price they quote!! Unless anyone else wants to first!

Guest stevem999
Haven't spoken to anyone as went in a queue and I'm in work but the phone number quoted by Moto goes through to a company called Dextra - tried their site www.dextra.co.uk and looks like they just sell stuff on behalf of mobile maufacturers etc.

Will try them again in a bit and see what price they quote!! Unless anyone else wants to first!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update: just spoken to Dextra who say they aren't released, they don't have them and don't have any idea when they'll be out! How can a manufacturer know so little about their own phone sales?

Off to send a little missive back to Moto to see what they're playing at. :twisted:

Guest Chaser81

You just beat me to it. I just spoke to them and the guy I spoke to sounded like he knew a bit more about what was going on. He said it has a february release date on the networks with Dextra getting them sim-free from late march/april time.

Guest stevem999

Update to Moto saying the 220 is released in the UK on networks from a few posts up:

Just had a further e-mail from them after I questioned their information and they say that one UK network definitely released the phone for sale a month ago. They didn't name the network so I've mailed back and asked them!

They haven't answered why they gave the name of a company to buy them sim-free that doesn't actually have them!

I await the next comedy reply from Motorola.

Guest stevem999
I really hope that whatever comes next crahes less than the usless C500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take it you've had a bad experience with the C500 then? It's an uncommon thing to hear!

Guest Pondrew
I really hope that whatever comes next crahes less than the usless C500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're ditching the C500, FOR AN MPX220?! :shock: :D :P :D :?:

EDIT: Sorry, saw the post and the thread title together. Just realised you didn't actually mention the MPX220...

Edited by Pondrew

Guest stephen.gazard

First days impressions of the MPX 220 seem favourable.

My history of Communicators:

9210i

SE P800

SE P900

SE P910

SPV C500

So some experience !

Having just changed from the C500 which is a GREAT phone I am happy.

I was concerned I would not like it as much but I prefer the flip form and I find it easier to hold during conversations - C500 too small.

Software seems fine, earpiece volume fine and Camera ok.

Wife happy to as she inherits the C500 !

Guest stevem999
You just beat me to it. I just spoke to them and the guy I spoke to sounded like he knew a bit more about what was going on. He said it has a february release date on the networks with Dextra getting them sim-free from late march/april time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update for you Chaser:

Just had a further e-mail from Moto after I asked them which UK network had it for sale and they've changed their mind (again!) - quite bad news actually as they're now quoting Q2 2005 for release to the public in the UK so April at the earliest. Have posted this to the Modaco newshounds too so hopefully it'll come up on the news list too - looks like O2 were VERY premature on putting it in their catalogue last December! Speaking of which, has anyone seen the new O2 catalogue for Feb?