Working Blue Angel USB Charge & Synch Cable?

Guest mhanbury

Does anyone know where I can get a working USB Charge/Synch cable for the Blue Angel, apparently most show that they are charging but that does not appear to be the case, or is id because USB can't provide enough current to charge the Blue Angel?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=15819

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It won't be current, my USB cradle for blue angel quite happily charges my phone withOUT having the mains charger plugged in.

This implying USB has sufficient power to charge blue angel.

Your saying what you want is a cable LIKE the cradle, but without the actual cradle portion on it?

Guest mhanbury

It won't be current, my USB cradle for blue angel quite happily charges my phone withOUT having the mains charger plugged in.

Your saying what you want is a cable LIKE the cradle, but without the actual cradle portion on it?

Thats right, just a USB cable that I can keep in my bag that will at least charge the Blue Angel. I can synch via infra red, or as a bonus charge and synch at the same time.

Do you know where I can get one that definately charges rahter than just pretending to do so?

Cheers

Thats right, just a USB cable that I can keep in my bag that will at least charge the Blue Angel.  I can synch via infra red, or as a bonus charge and synch at the same time.

Do you know where I can get one that definately charges rahter than just pretending to do so?

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well a quick look on expansys showed me this

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=1...&asource=116684

USB cables only have 4 wires in them, I'd have thought if the wiring were right for synching it'd be right for charging.

I take it your bag isnt big enough to carry around your cradle? (Mine fits in latop bag OK, but I have a laptop rucksack type bag instead of breifcase type bag)

I have been told that there is no definitive answer to this problem.

Its down to the USB standards. Apparantly the USB standard specifies that a PC can supply a maximum of 500mA through the USB interface. To charge the M2000 requires considerably more power especially as the devices all run with the backlight on when they are on activesync.

Ive also heard that some PC's dont exactly fit the USB standard so will therefore charge the M2000.

I suppose this makes sense to a degree as I have a charge and sync cable that work perfectly on my home PC with an Abit motherboard but doesnt charge with my office PC which is a Dell.

Guest mhanbury

Can you get the USB charge cables that have the double USB plugs so they can be plugged into two usb ports on the pc, like the one's you get with 2.5" USB portable hard drive caddies. That should address the power issue?

I dont know if this helps or not, but someone on another thread in another forum has discovered that their old XDA original sync cable works with their new one... if you happened to have one lying around it might be worth a try.

(Forget where I read it now, but I think it might have been in the "First 3 days with my Sx66" thread at HoFo)