If your Blue Angel just reset?

Guest Will

If you have hard reset your device, i would appreciate if you could help me test something on more than the 3 models i have already tried.

Hypothesis:

Leaving the slide keyboard 'out' and leaving the device to sleep, results in a 'hard reset'

Tests sofar:

2 devices when left overnight (backlights off and fully charged) - both devices reset when woken in the morning.

1 device resets when left for 1 hour with slide out.

(the overnight has been replicated on my device 3 times, with a 100% sucess rate.)

any comments?

Guest nigidivitch
If you have hard reset your device, i would appreciate if you could help me test something on more than the 3 models i have already tried.

Hypothesis:

Leaving the slide keyboard 'out' and leaving the device to sleep, results in a 'hard reset'

Tests sofar:

2 devices when left overnight (backlights off and fully charged) - both devices reset when woken in the morning.

1 device resets when left for 1 hour with slide out.

(the overnight has been replicated on my device 3 times, with a 100% sucess rate.)

any comments?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a slight oversight on HTC's part to me!!

I assume that it's not a battery issue (i.e the phone is staying fully on despite the backlight being off?)

Edited by nigidivitch

Guest Pondrew

Will, my MDA III seems immune to this little bug of yours. I wanted to do a hard reset anyway and thought I'd test this so left the keyboard out for a couple of hours between 2100 and 2300. No hard reset. So I left it overnight.

Came back to it this morning and not only had it not hard reset but the battery had only gone done to 75%! I was pretty impressed with that. Guess standby is pretty energy efficient.

Anyway, as I say, it was left overnight with the keyboard out and no hard reset. Maybe the bug is specific to the M2000?

Edited by Pondrew