Transport Tycoon OPEN Source

Guest djfuego

Guest djfuego

I was browsing SF.net today and stumbled upon this link OpenTTD and then thought.. Gee wouldn't that be cool if someone ported it to smartphone.

The Program needs the original game files (Obviously) but the source is right there for a possible SP conversion. I remember being able to playthe original on an old 486 66 and would think a SP could just about cope. Not too sure about having music with it though.

Anyone willing to take the challenge?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest giles2005

If some one can post the address for the source code and supply a working copy of the game so i can figure out game elements i will scratch together some sort of port... but bluetooth is out the question im affraid.....

no promises thou.....

email me at

[email protected]

Guest Jamma14

Well the link to the source is at the top...

O and sorry I can't help you to get a working copy but if you do manage to port this it would be gr8 you have my full support! :lol:

Edited by Jamma14

Guest djfuego

The name of the file to download is openttd-0.3.6-source.tar.gz It's tar.gz. I think winzip/7zip/winrar will unpack it. All the source you need. :(

Happy coding :lol:

• 5 months later...
Guest futaris

They've got OpenTTD running on PocketPC, and this version runs fine on my Smartphone2. However, we'll need to modify the interface, as currently its only written to use the touch screen.

Just need to do something like ScummVM does on the Smartphone (for mouse control).

Guest Gorskar

To Be honest as soon as i saw the hi res screen on the c550 I thought of this game :)

the mouse on scummVM is ok, but could do with settings for acceleration, as you have to hold it too long to move around the screen. (unless this has been tweaked in the latest versions?)

want it to move slowly for a 1/2 second and then shoot away. If you overshoot you let go and move it back in short movements which will be under the 1/2 second before the accelerator kicks in.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djfuego
To Be honest as soon as i saw the hi res screen on the c550 I thought of this game :)

the mouse on scummVM is ok, but could do with settings for acceleration, as you have to hold it too long to move around the screen. (unless this has been tweaked in the latest versions?)

want it to move slowly for a 1/2 second and then shoot away. If you overshoot you let go and move it back in short movements which will be under the 1/2 second before the accelerator kicks in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So has development started for the smartphone version ?

Guest Jamma14

Don't think so, In-fusio (who have also brought midtown madness and crash bandicoot to smartphone) have made a version of zoo tycoon though, if anyone is interested.

Guest nausea
Don't think so, In-fusio (who have also brought midtown madness and crash bandicoot to smartphone) have made a version of zoo tycoon though, if anyone is interested.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The games they make aren't for smartphones, are they? On their website theres no mention of smartphones...

Guest Jamma14
if nobody started this i might be instrested in porting.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh Rooz that would rock! Also, are you planning on making your other ports c550 compatible?? Specially Duke3d?

Guest roozbeh
Yeh Rooz that would rock! Also, are you planning on making your other ports c550 compatible?? Specially Duke3d?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've been away a long time from mobile comuunity....whats wrong with c550?

is it a new device?

Guest Jamma14
Yea, its new, with a screen resolution of 240x320. Have fun updating all of your releases to support the new resolution  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, not that I'm much of a windows developer (I know my C++ now but am trying to get to grips with the win32 api :| ) but it shouldn't be too hard to alter the res to 240x320 am I right?

If you could make it C550 compatible it really would be sweet! ;)

Guest nausea
Yeah, not that I'm much of a windows developer (I know my C++ now but am trying to get to grips with the win32 api :| ) but it shouldn't be too hard to alter the res to 240x320 am I right?

If you could make it C550 compatible it really would be sweet!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know what the rendering code of roozbeh's games looks like, so I dont know. Hopefully his code was designed to be scalable and he can update them fairly quickly. Its not complicated but its time consuming (I.E. boring).