MPX200 upgrade WM2003

Guest ikzq

Hie, i got the 2003 firmware to upgrade the phone, but i face one problem, inside the readme.txt, this was written there

Down load the new software

Unzip the latest s/w file (such as: BEN5-0400-012.bin)

Save this file to your hard disk

[EDIT awarner] please read the site rules before posting

anywa wat is thedrawback of this 2003 firmware otehr than MMS and T9 problem? thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

The original ilegal release of the 2003 ROM contained all the files you needed.

As for the drawback with 2003.

It is less stable and uses more memory than the original 2002 ROM.

Unless you specifically want to use the limited ammount of .net applications on the phone then the 2003 update is not really worth it and most people who do update either go back to 2002 or wish they could do, but that requires another dodgy ROM as there are no official updates for the MPX200 (dispite one Russian site claiming to sell an "official version")

Guest awarner [MVP]

Basically yes, Motorola, Orange and AT&T etc have unfortunately never released an official update of any kind for the MPX200 to the general public.

Guest regmyself

I installed WM 2003 on my MPx 200. But after a few days it started giving me problems with battery. It would discharge in just 4 hours!!!

So I switched back to WM 2002

I installed WM 2003 on my MPx 200. But after a few days it started giving me problems with battery. It would discharge in just 4 hours!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe you did not do a hard reset with a fully charge battery, which will cuase you to have poor battery life.

i just upgraded to wm2003 - the first thing is that i get this cartman powermoto logo and the extenden rom by m.s. start logo is this normal? can anyone share this experience?

Edited by bhohe

Guest Inspector Gadget

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am considering the "upgrade" to WM 2003 but am concerned about being able to go back to WM 2002 in case of problems with WM 2003. How were you able to switch back to WM 2002?

Guest phonesmarts
i just upgraded to wm2003  -  the first thing is that i get this cartman powermoto logo and the extenden rom by m.s. start logo is this normal? can anyone share this experience?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure about the cartman powermoto logo (it might be mostly on the Orange 200s; I have the AT&T/Cingular one), but I know that the Extended Rom by M.S. start is normal on startup.

theres only one 2002 rom and again its leaked, so it wouldnt be easy to find

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is more than one 2002 ROM out there, i have tried 2 different versions:

Both have NO operator settings or logo's. SO you'll sadly never get back to the original settings that came with the handset.

Kristian

Guest awarner [MVP]

There are actually quite a few 2002 roms around, but this only adds to more possible problems and bugs being entered in to the system and some can be possibly fatal for the phone.

Remember none of them have gone through the proper testing.

Hi,

I've upgraded my mpx200 to 2003 and its superb :lol: it's fast and far more stable than 2002.

About short battery life. I had the same issue. I figured out that the IR beam was set to recieve all the time after upgrade :( I turned it off and battery lasts for about 4 days

EDIT please read the site rules before posting

sorry for the link in my last post...(but the link to list of motorola firmware - not downloads - shouldn't have been deleted)

Well, I find WM 2003 much faster than 2002 (version 1.000.034.00). Plus, it is more stable - WM2002 had to be restarted at least each day because after some time it started working very slow - with WM2003 there is no such problem.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The problems you had with 2002 was more likely to do with an application you had installed. The normal cause for this is the

JMMS application which is not the best designed application.

As the JMMS app is not available on 2003 you would not encounter the same problems.

Guest hecatae

how to solve the battery life problem:

flash to 2003, keep the usb cable in, flash the gsm fix, take the usb cable out, and then hardware reset.

anyway I'm off to play Toki tori, used to have it on my Tanager, plays so much better on the mpx.