Mini SD and JAM Problems

Guest Blakey

Hi Guys,

I have a JAM, plus a TerraVit 1GB Mini SD Card, plus a c500 charger, all bought from MoDaCo shop. They don't seem to work together. The SD card gets corrupted and fails.

This is what I've done, step by step:

Got the card.

Stuck it into my card reader (connected to Win XP). Card looks good.

Wrote all the stuff I have on my friend's borrowed 1GB SD card onto the Mini SD Card.

Looked at it in XP. All looks fine.

Stuck card into JAM.

Checked Mapopolis reads the maps on the card - fine.

Checked Memory Map reads an OS fragment on the card - fine.

Checked my library of eBooks is recognised from the card - fine.

Did a search in Windows Media player to see all media on the card - fine.

So, all looked like it was fine until I went out to my car. This is where the problems start.

I plugged the JAM into the ciggie lighter, using the c500 charger. I plugged the mic output into my car stereo though the standard audio in jack on the stereo. I started up Mapopolis with my BT GPS. All is good.

Within 1 minute the music starts jumping and skipping all over the place. Then the JAM freezes up. I reboot the JAM. The JAM cannot see the card anymore. I reboot the JAM again. Now it can see the card again. I've gone through and checked everything and it all seems fine. I am right now playing music off the SD card okay, but I am now running it off battery.

Is it possible that the c500 charger (that I'm using with the JAM) is doing something to the Mini Card? Is it compatible? Could that be screwing the card over? It's all I can think of as being the reason for the problem. Note that I have been using my friend's Kingston 1GB SD card in the JAM with this exact same set up all weekend (went on a long road trip this weekend) without a single glitch, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the JAM or the charger themselves. It just seems to be the combination of JAM, charger and Mini SD.

This is the second Mini SD card which has exhibited this self same issue so it's clearly a compatibility thing somewhere along the lines. I sent the first one back and the replacement is exhibiting the same symptoms. Does anyone else have the same set up? Does anyone else have any similar problems? As I say, with the Kingston SD card all is fine, but the TerraVit Mini card doesn't seem to be happy at all.

I've been in communication with Mark at MoDaCo shop and he's been extremely helpful in trying to sort this out for me but so far no joy... so I thought I'd see if anyone else out there has any problems with the same set up I have?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Blakey