File Name :: SMSClient
Author :: Dean123
Category :: Other - Uncategorized
Send Free SMS messages via GPRS
What is it?
This software enables the user to send free sms messages via gprs or passthrough connection via activesync. There are 3 parts to the program, the server(GenieServer.jar), the client(SMSClient.jad/jar) and the great http://www.genietexter.co.uk/
How to Use
* First make sure you have Java on your computer, you can get the latest version from: http://public.planet...i586-p-iftw.exe
* Be sure you can send/receiver a text message with GenieTexter
* Put "GenieServer.jar" in the same folder as "GenieTexter.exe"
* Start up the "GenieServer.jar"
* Install SMSClient on your phone (SMSClient.jad/SMSClient.jar)
* Pick a connection:
* Sync is for when you are connected to your computer via activesync (USB/bluetooth)
* Local is for when you are running in a javaphone emulator (Testing Purposes)
* IP is to connect to your computer over GPRS, just input your ip address in the box provided
* Press 'OK' and accept the security message about connecting
* You can import your contacts from GenieTexter by clicking 'Menu' and 'Get Contacts'
* To add a new contact, click 'Menu' and select 'New Contact'
* Input a the Name and Number and click 'Add'
* To select a contact to text, click 'Menu' and select 'Contacts'
* Highlight a contact and click 'Select'
* Type your message in the Message box
* To send your message, click 'Menu' and then 'Send'
* Status says "Connected to computer, please wait...." forever
- Make sure you are running the server program on your desktop
* It says the connection has timed out
-Make sure your ip address is correct, enable/forward port 2004 on your router if you have one.
- Added ability to import contacts from GenieTexer address book. (Thanks steeev for the idea)
Updated Sat, Jan 29 2005 6:55 pm