Bluetooth dial-up profile

Guest inspectorgadjet

Guest inspectorgadjet

Well, I've had my MDA III for a few weeks now and I definitely haven't regretted buying it. It's a really good piece of kit. I would definitely recommend it.

I've also got a newish Orange 3g phone which comes with 50mb of data free per month. Now that's quite a bargain...and it's just waiting to be exploited. I can't be bothered downloading the crappy little videos and things off Orange, and I would much rather make use of the 50mb data on my MDA III or pc. Now I can hook up to the Orange phone using bluetooth without too much hassle, but I find the lack of a bluetooth dial-up networking profile on the MDA III to be a pain.

Is there any patch available to add the dial-up networking profile to the blue angel? I know there was one for some of the older pocket pc phone editions, but as far as I'm aware they don't work on the blue angel.

Interestingly enough, when you create a new modem connection on the MDA III, bluetooth modem is one of the options. So it's just a case of creating the modem connection with the phone.

I shall humbly bow and worship anyone who can give me a patch for this. :D

Guest ProphetX
Well, I've had my MDA III for a few weeks now and I definitely haven't regretted buying it. It's a really good piece of kit. I would definitely recommend it.

I've also got a newish Orange 3g phone which comes with 50mb of data free per month. Now that's quite a bargain...and it's just waiting to be exploited. I can't be bothered downloading the crappy little videos and things off Orange, and I would much rather make use of the 50mb data on my MDA III or pc. Now I can hook up to the Orange phone using bluetooth without too much hassle, but I find the lack of a bluetooth dial-up networking profile on the MDA III to be a pain.

Is there any patch available to add the dial-up networking profile to the blue angel? I know there was one for some of the older pocket pc phone editions, but as far as I'm aware they don't work on the blue angel.

Interestingly enough, when you create a new modem connection on the MDA III, bluetooth modem is one of the options. So it's just a case of creating the modem connection with the phone.

I shall humbly bow and worship anyone who can give me a patch for this.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

someone answer the man.... he has a point here, since im lookin for the same thing. Even tho the bluetooth connection would be sort of a bottleneck it is still worth the patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest bronksy

hey, i've done the tweak, but it just won't connect. I have all the settings from Orange, even a modem initialisation string but it is just not happening..

I get the connecting message, but then..

"Cannot connect for an unknown reason..check your connection settings blah blah blah"

can anyone help me on this?

Have you unchecked 'wait for dialtone'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

xda-rocks is right, uncheck "Wait for dial tone",

Make sure you don't have any country code or dialling rules (or try putting a "g" in all 3 dialling patterns fields, i think).

also what init string were you given?

on a ppc it should be +cgdcont=1,"IP","orangeinternet" i think, or possibly +cgdcont=1,"IP","orangeinternet","",0,0

Good luck

Cheers

Guest bronksy

done this.. tried both strings.. it's so nearly there..

now i get

'the answering modem has disconnected.. blah blah blah'

grrrrrr

Guest xda-rocks

I know this sounds a pain, but I find it works if you manually enter the dial string after it connects. It is best if you put the string in a note and copy and paste it after it makes the connection.

done this.. tried both strings.. it's so nearly there..

now i get

'the answering modem has disconnected.. blah blah blah'

grrrrrr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try soft resetting after deleting any SIM update from the inbox

Could call 156 if you're in the uk. it's their job to sort these problems out :)

Guest bronksy

well 156 just give me the same old...

out of interest can someone confirm the registry setting.. i've seen a couple of variations on what is meant to be there to get the DUN profile to show...

I can see DUN in my BT manager, but want to doubly confirm..

Also...my SE phone doesn't discover DUN as a BT service from my M2000. Is there something wrong here? The devices are paired but the phone doesn't see the PPC as having dial up networking...

Also..

The PPC tries to connects, get teh black and white 'B' then it flashes the 'connecting' bubble and THEN it cuts out.. so i assume its connecting for a very short period of time then dropping the call..

It's so nearly there I can almost taste it...