Anyone ported their number onto T-Mobile?

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Afternoon all,

Here's a call for help in changing my mobile number as displayed in Start/Settings/Phone. I can find nowhere on the phone where this can be changed...

You see, I had my old Orange number ported over a week ago replacing the number T-Mobile had issued me when I joined them. Great but the number wasn't updated in the Phone settings screen. ie, it was still displaying the old T-Mobile number that has been replaced.

No problem I thought, I probably just need to take the sim out and put it back in... That didn't work. Ok, a hard reset will probably make it look again at the mobile number it's actually using. No, still displaying the old number.

I know the port suceeded. The phone is calling out and receiving texts and calls on the correct number but displaying another one.

Anyone?

Guest inspectorgadjet

My number ported in from Orange on Monday. I too see the old number. I don't know how to make it change. Perhaps look in your registry. It was handy having it there though, because a few things got mixed up with my t-mobile account, and they could only find them on that number.

Guest inspectorgadjet

Well, as it turns out, editing the registry is not the way to go. I found a key in \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\AirSync\Settings\DevicePhoneNumber which had the old number in it. No other registry entries were found. I changed it to the correct number, and tried a soft reset, but it still displayed the old number.

I am now on the phone to customer services, and waiting on hold while the lady speaks to another department. She's not sure what it could be. I reckon they have to send some kind of sim update to change it.

Guest inspectorgadjet

I have figured it out.

In your programs, is something called Sim Manager.

Go into there...click on Tools...List of own numbers...and there you have it. Double click on the number to edit it.

Guest Pondrew
I have figured it out.

In your programs, is something called Sim Manager.

Go into there...click on Tools...List of own numbers...and there you have it. Double click on the number to edit it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well done that man. That's been really bothering me!