C500 Battery Life

Guest jez_teesside

Guest jez_teesside

I seem to be getting very poor battery life from the C500 Battery, I've only had the phone 2 weeks and its been like this ever since I've had it, I charged the battery as per the instructions for the first charge.

Full overnight charge, Phone has been used for:

been on standby for about 12 hours

about 20 mins of talktime

about 5 mins of bluetooth

about 60 mins of Mobipocket reader (which uses the screen backlight)

and I currently have 53% of battery charge left, a couple of hours use of listening to MP3s will drain the battery completely.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Is the battery life normal?

Guest jez_teesside

Definately something wrong with this battery, fully charged it to 100%, 5 hours on standby nothing else running used 21% of the battery, by my reckoning that gives 24 hours standby, a lot less than the quoted 5 days standby!

Guest darren22

Definately something wrong. Having recently moved over form the SPV classic to the C500, the battery life difference is incredible.

Before I would need to make sure that I charged it daily. Now I can leave it on standby over the weekend and still have 50% battery on the Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gadget woman
Definately something wrong. Having recently moved over form the SPV classic to the C500, the battery life difference is incredible.

Before I would need to make sure that I charged it daily. Now I can leave it on standby over the weekend and still have 50% battery on the Monday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on my 2nd c500 due to battery problems. I rang orange because battery life was crap only getting a day out of it! They sent me a new phone and I'm still only getting a day out of it. I charge it every night. During the day I might sent up to 6 txts and maybe 2 calls a bit of flicking around for callendar dates and thats it. Don't know what to do next!! :cry:

Guest gadget woman
Or Bluetooth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello thanks for suggestions no do not have bluetooth or infra red on. Backlight set for 30 secs, display timeout 1 min and time out screen 5 mins.

Any more suggestions????????????? Gratefully received.

Guest dcdragon

I was having the same trouble as you guys, maybe slightly worser. I would charge the phone overnight and It would last for about 10 hours before the battery would die, During this time If I used the phone in anyway It would be a lot less than that.

I left it like this for about 4 weeks and was ready to throw the phone in the bin when I did a "Hard Reset" has soon as the phone restarted I placed it on charge and battery life now lasts for 4-5 days for me.

I believe the problem may have been caused with something I installed then uninstalled, not too sure what it was. But If any of you are having battery life problems like mine I would recommend doing a "Hard Reset" the instructions are posted on this forum, And Hard reset the C500 NOT software reset, as that did not seem to make a difference.

Now that battery life is back to normal, Im a Very VERY happy individual.

Guest jporch316

Hello

I am basing most of my posts here on my previous experience with the motorola mpx 200 (MS smartphone 2002), as I have only had the c500 about a month.

There were all sorts of issues around battery life (see www.mpx200.org for lots of battery related posts) with the mpx200 but the main problems stemmed from certain applications (photo ID, games etc) which run continually and devour battery life. I installed one of the third party photo contacts software on my mpx200 within days of buying it and found my battery life fell from 2.5 days to 0.5 days.

As suggested elsewhere a hard reset will solve the problem - but this does not identify the cause. It may not always be neccesary to hard reset a phone.

On the other hand if my brand new phone from Orange straight from the box lasted one day on a brand new battery i would have no hesitation than to take it straight back to the orange shop, rather than perform a hard reset.

Guest gadget woman
Hello

I am basing most of my posts here on my previous experience with the motorola mpx 200 (MS smartphone 2002), as I have only had the c500 about a month.

There were all sorts of issues around battery life (see www.mpx200.org for lots of battery related posts) with the mpx200 but the main problems stemmed from certain applications (photo ID, games etc) which run continually and devour battery life. I installed one of the third party photo contacts software on my mpx200 within days of buying it and found my battery life fell from 2.5 days to 0.5 days.

As suggested elsewhere a hard reset will solve the problem - but this does not identify the cause. It may not always be neccesary to hard reset a phone.

On the other hand if my brand new phone from Orange straight from the box lasted one day on a brand new battery i would have no hesitation than to take it straight back to the orange shop, rather than perform a hard reset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only things i have installed on my phone are space invaders from this site which incidentally works great and a rally car racing game but it was like it before i installed them.  I a bit wary of doing a hard reset as ive got my phone just how i want it but suppose it i downlos

ad everything onto my pc i should be able to upload again?????

I'll give it a go seems a bit of a fuss tho when phone should be ok straight out of box-yes????

Thanks to everyone who posted ideas i'll let u know how i go on!  :shock:

Guest beersoft

ok

simple method of finding out how the battery is behaving is install my battery monitor app (its great) and tell us what your slow and fast times are

(fast times between 2 and 11 are good, and slow should be 1 hour or more)

from that we can work out how bad the battery is

later

Owen

Guest gadget woman

Hi! Thanks installed your battery metre prog and these are the readouts:

slowest 0d:0h:2m

average 0d:0h:14m

last 0d:oh:2m

current 0d:0h:3m

Don't really understand but sure u do? Can you tell me please?

Guest gadget woman

chargfed battery all night used this morn for 4 txts. Readout=

battery 91%

slowest 0d0h4m

average 0d0h24m

current 0d0h4m

time left 2d14h56m

time running 0d0h4m

I'll let u know what readout is again l8r 2day. :D

I have found the backlight is really heavy on the battery. Mobipocket Reader for an hour a day or so was enough to force me to recharge daily. If I just use it for calls and the odd game its much better.

The backlight seems to have two modes - bright (phone in use) and dim (after a timeout). Then It times out again to off. I would like to just use the "dim" setting for some programs, anyone know if that's possible?

Guest gadget woman

At 2 o clock these are the readings

battery 67%

slowest 0d0h3m

average 0d0h23m

current 0d0h3m

time left 1d21h3m

time running 0d0h4m

Do these make sense???

Think I may be in danger of becoming everso slightly annally retentive here!!!!

Just really bugs me! :|

Guest gadget woman

readings now

battery 55%

fastest 0d0h2m

slowest 0d0h45m

average 0d1h13m

last 0d0h2m

current

odoh2m

time left 2d0h6m

time running 0d4h6m

?????????????????????????????

Guest gadget woman

at 12 midnight last nigth reading were

bat 19%

slow 0d0h2m

average 0d2h48m

last 0d0h3m

current 0d0h3m

time left 0d16h9m

time run. 0d10h21m

Battery low alert warning came on.

What does it all mean??

Have you all given up on it as a bad job???

:cry:

Guest squall

the battery warning comes on early to give you plenty of time to find a charger, i think it used to be 15%, but guess now it happens at 20%

Guest gadget woman

:D You've all gone and left me and my crap battery! ;)

Please will sumone tell me what it all means???????

I suppose a hard reset is the next option.

Then back to Orange!

Has any more people had this prob?

Awaiting but not with baited breath!! :?:

Guest beersoft

okey dokey

having a look at your numbers and stuff, there is either a hardware fault with the phone/battery or you have something thats killing the battery power

the first thing i would try is backing everything up and doing a hard reset with the phone fully charged using the mains charger (hard reset by turning the phone on and holding down the 2 softkeys under the screen then press 0) and see if that fixes it

if that doesn't improve things i would call orange and get a replacement sorted out (you may need orangecare for this)

later

Owen

Guest MonkeyBum

hey there,

just a few questions. is this dust problem fix tried and tested now? because ive been holding back getting one before because of this problem?

and if it is tested and works, will the handsets in the orange shop now been replaced with the 3rd gen lot? because im thinking of getting one soon.

thanks

adam