C500 Battery Life

Guest jez_teesside

• 1 month later...
Guest brykins
I did a "Hard Reset" has soon as the phone restarted I placed it on charge and battery life now lasts for 4-5 days for me.

Anyone have any tips on getting this damn hard reset to work? I have the phone off, I hold down the two soft keys, I try the power button. I can't get the reset option...I get either nothing (not held the power down long enough?) or the Orange startup screen (held the power down too long?).

Any help on how to get this right...benn trying now for about an hour :-(

Guest brykins
Anyone have any tips on getting this damn hard reset to work? I have the phone off, I hold down the two soft keys, I try the power button. I can't get the reset option...I get either nothing (not held the power down long enough?) or the Orange startup screen (held the power down too long?).

Any help on how to get this right...benn trying now for about an hour :-(

Okay - ignore that....I was trying it with the charger plugged in and it wouldn't work. Unplugged the charger ona whim and it worked first time!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gadget woman

Hi guys its been a while but still got crap battery life. Rung Orange again told coz id had handset replaced before would have to e mail tech dept who would get in touch. 8 days later still not heard. phoned 150 again told they would be in touch!!!! :twisted: Pretty pissed off now. I've tried everything. Was told that charging phone for longer than 2 hours would damage battery life which i dont believe. i really dont think they know what they are talking about at all and the shop people are worse!!!!! Orange say they are dedecated to better customer care and you caqll is imp[ortant to us WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!

:roll:

Anybody any names or contacts I can get in touch with. I like the phone but sorely tempted to throw it !!! :?:

Guest jporch316

theres a thread on here somewhere about dodgy chargers -

Also there s a thread somewhere about one of the homescreen plug ins killing the battery

Is theis the answer?

Guest brykins
Also there s a thread somewhere about one of the homescreen plug ins killing the battery

For me it was SP Alarm that was killing my battery....uninstalled that and now it seems to last forever.

Guest gadget woman

:evil: talked to orange again tho not tech dept just woman at customer services who said had e mail backl from them basically saying they would not replace the phone and that was what i could expect!!!! Whats my next move guys??

I've got orange care so should i accidentally smash it????? :x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gadget woman

:shock:

Next installment!!!!!

Unbelieveable after speaking to a supervisor stil not much further on won't replace handset have to send it at MY expense to tech dept at Darlington!!!!!!

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP????? :x

Guest PTBarnum
I seem to be getting very poor battery life from the C500 Battery, I've only had the phone 2 weeks and its been like this ever since I've had it, I charged the battery as per the instructions for the first charge.

Full overnight charge, Phone has been used for:

been on standby for about 12 hours

about 20 mins of talktime

about 5 mins of bluetooth

about 60 mins of Mobipocket reader (which uses the screen backlight)

and I currently have 53% of battery charge left, a couple of hours use of listening to MP3s will drain the battery completely.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Is the battery life normal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am also having problems with battery life. I have been using bluetooth on my SPV C500 for 3 weeks with no battery problems at all, that is until the last couple of days ago where the battery life has gone down from 3 days to 10 hours. This seems to have happened overnight and I cannot see any reason why this should suddenly happen. I telephoned Orange and got some kind of fob story that it was to do with atmospheric pressure and strength of signal!! No help what so ever from them. I have now reluctantly turned bluetooth off and will see how long the battery lasts. Does anyone know if there is a difference in charging the battery via the USB port or the mains? Stab in the dark really. I have installed a few applications, and these have been working perfectly well for three weeks. This is frustrating because I used to get more battery life out of my E200! If all else fails maybe I should do a Hard reset, anyone know how to do this?

Guest whittler
Hi! Thanks installed your battery metre prog and these are the readouts:

slowest 0d:0h:2m

average 0d:0h:14m

last 0d:oh:2m

current 0d:0h:3m

Don't really understand but sure u do? Can you tell me please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got back from a break in Barcelona and began reading this thread. I was there for five days but forgot to take my charger. I called home, sent SMS, took photos, took and played back videos and played a short game of virtual pool.

I was worried about my battery life so I did turn off power overnight.

I still had 39% battery life showing when I got into the airport.

I hope others here can help you with this problem because this phone is an incredible flexible tool when working as it should.

;) ;) :P

Guest bigfootpete

I never switch the phone off - if you're that worried stick it on flight mode overnight - that will use the minimum battery....

P.S just got 7 days life out of my battery... ok, so I didn't use it that much, but it's still pretty impressive.

Guest tFelix
Hi! Thanks installed your battery metre prog and these are the readouts:

slowest 0d:0h:2m

average 0d:0h:14m

last 0d:oh:2m

current 0d:0h:3m

Don't really understand but sure u do? Can you tell me please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what is these value? what dose this mean?????? :shock:

Guest beersoft

ok, just for the people who missed it the last time i explained it (earlier in this thread no less)

fastest = the time of the fastest % loss

slowest = the time the slowest % of battery was used

average = the average time % goes down

last = the time for the last %

current = current % time

then you have time running which is how long the apps been running for

and the estimated time left which is made up of the other times and some magic

later

Owen

• 1 month later...
Guest Wombleuk

Don't know if anyone's still watching this thread, but I have quick (hopefully) query.

I've got Beersoft's app and Battery pack installed.

Berrsoft's tells me I've got about 5 days battery life left while battery pack tells me I've got 18 hours.

Who's right?

Also, can anyone point me to the thread about which apps drain the battery - I guess I just can't pick the right keywords.

thx

Guest dazmanultra

What have you got set for your ringtone/message tones?

Having large files, high quality .wma files for the processor to deal with absolutely destroyed my battery. Try using a midi, or a smaller .wma file.