New Jam on Saturday ... returned today.

Guest badlad

So onto my 2nd Jam.

The 1st one suffered with something been loose in the speaker and ratlling around ...... just go the 2nd one home and it seems to the same thing :lol:

Is it a design problem and they all rattle or have i just got 2 bad uns ?

Guest Chaser81

Are you referring to the distortion at high volume on the speaker? If so, I dont think this is a fault as such but something we all seem to be experiencing. I find that having the in-call volume just down a notch from highest eliminates it, and hopefully when I new ROM is released this will be addressed as the T-Mobile MDA Compact owners apparently dont have this. Hang in there.

Guest TigerNet

...but no rattle though...if there is something loose in the speaker that rattles around you have been unlucky...

...maybe it was delivered to the store by airport baggage handlers...

...but no rattle though...if there is something loose in the speaker that rattles around you have been unlucky...

...maybe it was delivered to the store by airport baggage handlers...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its definately something loose inside the phone :lol:

Guest Disco Stu

Now you mention it I've got something rattling around in mine.

Then again, since it doesn't seem to affect call quality nor music playback over headphones I'm not sending it back.

My main hardware keys shake...I cant be sure if anything else shakes around inside.

I love my Jam, best phone I've had :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh i love mine too .... but the rattle is allready starting to annoy me ..... if i'm on a call and its loud then it causes the thing to rattle in my ear.

Is this toipic worth a poll to see if it is a bad batch or they all do it ?

Guest SeaneyC
The guy @ tmobile said he was gonna call his area manager 2moro and get them to check it out ...... lets see what he comes back with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out what, i thought you had a Jam?

FWIW my MDA compact is also fine.

Edited by SeaneyC

Guest Chaser81

I have a theory about this.... I have noticed that after several weeks of use, the plastic cover on the rear of the phone that covers the antenna (just above the camera) has got a slight amount of play to it. Not enough to be that noticable or annoying to me, but I am thinking that if it had much more play, it would sound like a rattle inside when you shook the unit. What do you guys reckon?

Check out what, i thought you had a Jam?

FWIW my MDA compact is also fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out whether T Mobile belive they should rattle or not ..... all the ones delivered to the York store do rattle .... we sat and tested them.

Theres nothing visably loose on the unit :lol:

Guest SeaneyC

Just shook mine loads, it's the volume slider making a lot of the noise on mine, the rest sounds exactly like the C500 when i shake it, must be the vibe unit or something. I wouldn't really class it as a rattle though, it's only if you sit there and shake it, which is not something i tend to do with £400 phones.

Edited by SeaneyC

Just shook mine loads, it's the volume slider making a lot of the  noise on mine, the rest sounds exactly like the C500 when i shake it, must be the vibe unit or something. I wouldn't really class it as a rattle though, it's only if you sit there and shake it, which is not something i tend to do with £400 phones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bingo .... it is the volume controller.

Try walking and talking on it .... the movement causes it to rattle.

Not great for £400 worth of device, in comparison to my ipaq anyway.

I guess it is a design flaw then (if you class it as a problem).

Its not enough to spoil a great device and now that I know what it is then i'm happy to live with it ....

Guest LadFromWales85

Ah yeah, hold finger on vol control and main hardware keys, shake Jam, no rattle....Thanks for pointing me at the vol slider, i never thought it could be that making the noise, lol

Guest mike-oh

I think it might be to do with the case, there's next to no-where for the sound to come out. And when you use speaker phone most of the sound comes out of the other side of the phone, i.e. the side laying on the desk!

However it does seem to ring louder than my mpx200. Sound quality through headphones seems a lot better though! :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yeah. I'm waiting for the orange shop to get some of their i-tech bluetooth headsets back in stock so i can grab one, wont need to worry about it then :lol:

Guest Chaser81

Just dropped my Jam for the first time (Beer and a fall... And I'm usually so careful!) but luckily it was in its case and it landed on carpet so no apparent damage. Still no excessive rattle either on mine. Gotta love the construction of this thing!!!