Upgrade advice

Guest jharvey00

Guest jharvey00

I'm nearing the end of my contract (3 weeks today) and wanna upgrade to a shiny new M2000. Rang upgrades today and out of 2 attempts, the lowest price I got was £99.99.

My monthly bill averages £78.00 (£41 standard) and I am looking to increase my standard contract to £55 pm.

How does this price compare with anyone else? Is £99.99 any good or have people got better deals? I'm new to this whole upgrading malarky so any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

Jimbo

Guest blackhorse
Interesting...anyone beat 99.99? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Funny.

Were talking upgrade here!!!

No one will touch you with a barge pole, you generate no commision, only people that will beat 99.99 is rettentions to try keep you leaving the network. ~But from what i can gather from the people on here rettentions have no stock and will have no stock any time soon

Guest jharvey00
:lol: Funny.

Were talking upgrade here!!!

No one will touch you with a barge pole, you generate no commision, only people that will beat 99.99 is rettentions to try keep you leaving the network. ~But from what i can gather from the people on here rettentions have no stock and will have no stock any time soon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look's like I'm gonna be getting a new number in that case :cry:

Farewell old friend! We've had a good few years together...!

Guest dazultra2000

Buy a cheap pay as you go SIM from another network and get Orange to give you a PAC code for your current number....

then do a new contract with orange and port your number back in after...makes sense - although it might take a while

Guest Pondrew

Isn't T-Mobile the only provider that lets you port your number in DURING a contract rather then when you sign up?

As in jharvey00 would need to get his pac number from the pay as you go BEFORE he buys his new M2000 as a new connection?

Guest raiderz
Interesting...anyone beat 99.99? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got mine back in December for nowt.... its only on a Talk 30 plan, my other handset is on a Talk 200 plan, normally my bill for both handsets are £60 a month or so.

Guest andyr27

Bingo!

Order placed today with retentions - gave up for the mysterious "we'll call you". Funny thing was the CSR had to ask the supervisors permission. Phone free and they honoured the free evening calls for life deal.

Only fly in the ointment was that free calls are limited until you change your plan! Hopefully I will outlive Orange's definition of life!

Now hope that the courier doesn't drop the phone!

Guest jharvey00

I rang retentions today to cancel my contract - they didn't even try and convince me to stay when I mentioned the M2000! Kinda disappointed to be honest....ah well!

Got me a new M2000 from O shop Brum - charging it as we speak! Looks brilliant!

Guest MrOrangeShop
Isn't T-Mobile the only provider that lets you port your number in DURING a contract rather then when you sign up?

As in jharvey00 would need to get his pac number from the pay as you go BEFORE he buys his new M2000 as a new connection?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can port your number into orange contract within 6 months, PAYG at anytime AFIK.

I sold an M2000 for £49.99 the other day...

Orange Premier 400 which is £55/month.

400 mins to anyone,

free insurance

free data bundle

upgrade after 9 months

free answerphone

dedicated CS.

Should be £99.99 but with trade in drops to £49.99.

(Premier NOT available to business customers)

Guest raiderz
Phone free and they honoured the free evening calls for life deal.

Only fly in the ointment was that free calls are limited until you change your plan! Hopefully I will outlive Orange's definition of life!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never pushed retentions to getting free evening mins for life... that comes in July when I upgrade my Mpx200 to a SPV M500 :lol:

Edited by raiderz

Guest jharvey00
You can port your number into orange contract within 6 months, PAYG at anytime AFIK.

I sold an M2000 for £49.99 the other day...

Orange Premier 400 which is £55/month.

400 mins to anyone,

free insurance

free data bundle

upgrade after 9 months

free answerphone

dedicated CS.

Should be £99.99 but with trade in drops to £49.99.

(Premier NOT available to business customers)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got that exact same deal! I'm too scared to touch the phone now though, still in the early stages of the relationship....