Callers ID?

Guest c0v0c

Has anyone else had this?

Get a call from a contact on my phone, sometimes it shows their name, sometimes it shows their name and number, most times it shows just their number???

Around 50% of the time when it shows their name I'm happy but whats with this intermittent b*llsht!!!???!!

Anyone experienced this..... :shock:

Do you have the numbers in the full format e.g. +44 141 123 1234 as opposed to 0141 123 1234? You need the first format for caller id to work. If you have to change a lot of them, I recommend doing it on the PC, will be easier. Switch to one of the list views and you can see all the contacts on one page, along with their numbers.

Guest ichilton

Hi,

I'd noticed that sometimes the name appeared, sometimes it didn't - even on the same caller.

Having to have all numbers in the +44 international format is bad - it should detect it either way like every other phone!

--ian

Do you have the numbers in the full format e.g. +44 141 123 1234 as opposed to 0141 123 1234? You need the first format for caller id to work. If you have to change a lot of them, I recommend doing it on the PC, will be easier. Switch to one of the list views and you can see all the contacts on one page, along with their numbers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i hear ya but as ichilton states above this is stupid if we have to do this on an all singing all dancing m2000 ffs!

also regardless of the +44 i often get the caller id working fine as i stated 50% of the time & ichilton states this too, maybe we need a rom update but now that ppl are startin 2 get their m2000's after the bad os lies in other posts i suspect a few ppl will b disgusted at this basic function being only ever occasional in functionality!

Guest ichilton

Hi,

For your info, I updated my device to some of the latest rom versions floating around xda-developers.com the other day - I now have:

Operator version: 5.31.1.124

ROM Version: 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date: 12/13/04

Radio Version: 1.06.02

Protocol: 1337.38

Ext ROM Version: 1.31.124 WWE

I then installed the .cab for Caller ID v1.20 which does ringtone for individual contacts.

Orange said they will be releasing a rom update on the web site in the next few weeks.

Also, another thing to note is that sometimes caller id seems to work but be delayed - i.e the phone will start ringing with the number, then the name will appear a few seconds later...

--ian

Guest Shaunfarris

I have noticed that almost without exception if the phone is 'woken' by an incoming call I get number only.

If the phone is 'awake' I get Name and Number, and most times ID.

Guest ichilton
I have noticed that almost without exception if the phone is 'woken' by an incoming call I get number only. If the phone is 'awake' I get Name and Number, and most times ID.

Interesting - i'll have to test that theory out here.

If the phone is 'awake' I get Name and Number, and most times ID.

What do you mean by ID?

--ian

I've noticed the delay quite frequently - the other thing I have noticed is that quite often if I have the phone in landscape mode and get an incomming ring it won't display either name or number .

Ditto for all of the posts: sometimes I get a name/number, sometimes I don't. All my numbers are in international format.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well that blows the international (+44) theory out the window, this phone is kack for some of the most simple phone things!

as for the other functions of the phone? well try to stop me drooling as i type!

wow

f*ck the size its better than my first pc and everyone who see's the abuse i put mine through wants one!

CoPilot kicks ass compared to the smartphone version btw as i always had a mare with the bluetooth, agilemessenger is kicking, the list goes on... and the wifi !!! brill!

Need a few more of the e200 tweakers to open a can of whoopass so that the real fun can begin, i cant wait...