More on ringtones !

Guest benjytrainer

Guest benjytrainer

Hello all,

I've been doing some experiments with the 220 and I am darned if I can get the output volume through the speaker loud enough !

I've tried WAV, MP3, and WMA, and they all suck !

Now, I know what I am doing - I wrote a tutorial for MPX200 users on Modaco - however, the MPX220 is just not up to the same standard

For definite, part of the problem is the speaker - it's small and tinny - but you can normally work round this - but maxxing out volume on any of the above formats gives a far less than satisfactory result each time ...

Any input will be gratefully received !

benj

Guest benjytrainer

Hello

Unfortunately (as I think many of us know) MIDI does not support digitally-sampled audio - or realtones as lots of content providers call them

The (open) formats for realtones tend to be :

MP3

WAV

WMA

... and some other lesser known or poorer quality ones

MIDI is not a good solution for lots of reasons, although at the moment it seems to be the only format that plays loud on 220 !

Argh - anyone got any ideas ???

benj

Guest benjytrainer

oh and thank you all for your volume of responses - not.

I always try to post and help where I can and on one issue that is definately going to be a problem for all mpx220 owners, total useful responses = 0.

cracking. cheers.

benj

Guest arogntbastrd

i'm not sure what you want. you've already started a topic that was basically the same. there were lots of responses there. you've posted in other threads about how to use sound recorder to change the volume, so you know how to do that. The speaker is limited, what do you want us to do about it?

Guest benjytrainer

Want you to do about it ? nothing - as shown by the lack of threads.

However, there are lots of knowledgeable people on modaco, and numbers that are connected insider of either manufacturers or operators.

MPX200 has I would say arguably the best speaker in terms of ringtones - as you've rightly noted, I've been able to deliver some excellent quality "real" tones through

But I struggle to believe that MPX220 is really that bad when it comes to the same thing!

Maybe I am just uber-frustrated by the extremely late delivery of the handset, and then after all that, numbers of killer problems - too much to list here.

Personally I like tones, and I like updating mine - and given that you don't know a call has come unless you can hear the phone, they are kind of important - what a crying shame MPX220 is that bad if that is the case. Without any further input from the early adopters on here though I'll not be 100% sure.

Guest sophantim

Hello

Unfortunately (as I think many of us know) MIDI does not support digitally-sampled audio - or realtones as lots of content providers call them

The (open) formats for realtones tend to be :

MP3

WAV

WMA

... and some other lesser known or poorer quality ones

MIDI is not a good solution for lots of reasons, although at the moment it seems to be the only format that plays loud on 220 !

Argh - anyone got any ideas ???

benj

Here more (Ringtone) you could try.

WMV and

ASF File.....

I think WMV is more real to me! :lol:

Well, if anything will get people to respond and be helpful, it's sarcasm!

And...

I only use MIDI ringtones. They take less space, they are easy to find, edit, create, whatever, and they are louder.

-Mc

Guest roma0803

I always try to post and help where I can and on one issue that is definately going to be a problem for all mpx220 owners, total useful responses = 0.

cracking. cheers.

benj

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my... after waiting one day and no usefull responses... oh my... what is this world coming to... oh my...

On my MPx220 ringtone volume is just about loud enough, just about. Found out that ringtones with a lot of high in it have the best volume. Ringtone's with a lot of low in it are much harder to hear, specialy in louder environments. Real music is also a bit soft. My believe is the speaker just isn't strong enough.

Guest benjytrainer

Comments were warranted.

As regards to the ringtones, through some experimentation I think finally I have the best profile for creating them.

Still it would have been nice to get the input of others on what will, for many, be another big frustration of owning an MPX220.

Nuff said.

benj

Guest roma0803

Well, so far I don't have that many frustrations with the MPx220. Ringtone volume neither. My wife had a couple of other phones and those ringtones weren't that much louder, if any. For me it's mainly getting used to compared to the Nokia 6310i I owned.

The camera could be way better, but that's an accessory I don't have use for anyway.

The only thing that bugs me is the positioning of the volume and powerbutton. It did happen I powered down my phone during a call. But hey, it was my mother in law I was talking to so... :D