• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

FrankyG

FrankyG

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

I've got it installed on my K-JAM, and I didn't do anything special to get it to install.  Just ran the install, and POOF!  There it was.  You might want to soft reset and see if that brings it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Na, soft reset didn't work. ALso tried installing to SD card and to main memory...no joy either way.

FrankyG

bretto

bretto

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything except Rap music and Carnies....<br /><br />....small hands, smell like cabbage....
  • Devices:o2 xphone / imate 2

Na, soft reset didn't work. ALso tried installing to SD card and to main memory...no joy either way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi FrankyG

A couple of things to check out.

1. is the plugin selected (checked) in the today setup program.
2. make sure you dont have too many plugins installed. Even though they are not selected to be on the todayscreen if you have too many installed you get unexpected results. An MS limitation apparently.
3. maybe try unchecking everything except PPCProfiles-Pro and see if it appears. Then add your others one at a time and see if you can find a conflict.

EDIT: MS recommend installing today plugins on the device and not the SD card.

Edited by bretto, 22 November 2005 - 01:52 AM.

Cheers

Bretto

--------------------------------------------
"Lifes a garden...DIG it!"
o2 xphone (e200) wm2003
Imate 2 (HTC Himalaya) wm2003se
O2 xda2 (HTC Himalaya) wm2005
O2 xda2 Mini (Magician) "Say hello to my little friend.."

FrankyG

FrankyG

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Hi FrankyG

A couple of things to check out.

1. is the plugin selected (checked) in the today setup program.
2. make sure you dont have too many plugins installed. Even though they are not selected to be on the todayscreen if you have too many installed you get unexpected results. An MS limitation apparently.
3. maybe try unchecking everything except PPCProfiles-Pro and see if it appears. Then add your others one at a time and see if you can find a conflict.

EDIT: MS recommend installing today plugins on the device and not the SD card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I can't select it because it isn't listed.
The device is virtually brand new, so I don't have any plugins installed yet. The Theme in use is the windows default, the items which I can select from are Date, Owner Info, Messaging, Tasksplus, Tasks, Calendar, PocketMSN, Orange. (I guess the Tasksplus is the only plugin I have installed :roll:

I'll try reinstalling to main memory again and see how it goes....

Should I soft reset after installing?

Cheers,
FrankyG

EDIT: Tried to install, got the message "Brett Darnell PPCprofilesPro" Cannot be installed. Suggests I try to install to another location.

Edited by FrankyG, 22 November 2005 - 02:27 AM.

FrankyG

ChrisSpera

ChrisSpera

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@chrisspera
Sounds like something else is interfearing with the installation of the software. I hard reset my device 5 times yesterday and was able to get it to install successfully each time. There must be something on your device that is preventing it from installing.

Do you have any other software installed besides PPCProfiles Pro?

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera
-------
JAMM Team Member
iTechGear - Owner

Just Another Mobile Monday
http://www.justanothermobilemonday.com
http://itechgear.org

cthulhu

cthulhu

Eibwen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I know it's a while back now, but I had the same problem as FrankyG, but on my MDA Vario...

I installed PPCProfiles Pro to the storage card and all seemed to go ok, but on soft reset nothing would appear on the today screen unless I manually started PPCProfilesTray.exe

On further investigation, the PPCProfilesTray.lnk shortcut in the Startup folder was pointing to a path that had four backslashes in, '\\\\' instead of one '\'. One quick change later and the problem was solved.

Great App BTW.

C
8)

E100 / E200 / MDA Vario

dan13l

dan13l

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I have a couple of questions (I've not used PPCProfiles for a while, so excuse me). I've just installed this on my new Vario (upgraded from the M500) and I thought I'd be able to configure it so that my ringtones would loop correctly (ie with no gap between repeates). I can't...

The other question is: can I use PPCProfiles to reduce the length of time the phone vibrates for when set to vibrate?

Cheers ;)

scottb

scottb

Not Really a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Devices:Moto X
@dan13l,

I don't believe you can do either of those things with PPCProfiles Pro. I do know that Tweaks2k2.net can eliminate the time between rings.

Motorola Q, WM5 -- Verizon Wireless, U.S.A.

bretto

bretto

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything except Rap music and Carnies....<br /><br />....small hands, smell like cabbage....

@dan13l,

I don't believe you can do either of those things with PPCProfiles Pro.  I do know that Tweaks2k2.net can eliminate the time between rings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

correct. I never got around to adding the option to create your own ringer settings script. you can do it in the registry. do a search on ringer script settings and you will find everything you need to know to do it using a registry editor.

Cheers

Bretto

o2 xphone (e200) wm2003

Fittske

Fittske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Tony

There is something funny happening on that platform. The registry seems as though its locked.

Im going to write you a little program that cleans up the ppcprofiles settings so you can reinstall.

Let me know if thats suitable

Cheers

Bretto

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Bretto,

I have installed this app on my PPC-6700 (WM5) device and it has appered to have locked my registry. I cannot change any ringtone settings unless PPCProfiles is installed on the device. If I delete the app the regtone settings on the device are unchangeable. The only way to correct this is to hard reset.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Fittske

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,349 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Where can I find the version with the 'Auto' profile?

And what is the 'Sync' button for?

;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

scottb

scottb

Not Really a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Devices:Moto X
The Sync button will turn on a feature that uses your calendar to change to a specific profile when your calendar is "busy".

I can send you the latest version if you like.

Edited by scottb, 24 January 2006 - 10:19 PM.

Motorola Q, WM5 -- Verizon Wireless, U.S.A.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,349 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Aaaaah, so sync is effectively 'automatic'.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

antlane

antlane

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Vario 3
Is there any way of setting the reminder / new message notification volumes separately to the system volume? I'd like to have quiet notifications but still keep the system volume high. It's so easy to do on my C500!

cthulhu

cthulhu

Eibwen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Using PPCProfiles Pro on a Wizard.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but within the Advanced setup, none of the selection modes will work except Tray Select, and then the resulting tray icon will occasionally disappear without trace, and I'll be unable to bring up the pop-up again :cry:

I don't know if this is a WM5 conflict, but I'd love a fix cos this is a killer app IMHO.

8)
C

E100 / E200 / MDA Vario

JeremyT

JeremyT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:PPC 6700
I have a PPC 6700 running WM 5.0, and have installed the latest version of PPCProfilesPro which is a very nice app. However the auto sync mode works on meetings which have been scheduled very recently, but not on one which has been on my outlook calendar for a while. If I create a new meeting then it switches fine, which makes it hard to test. Any suggestions?

Jeremy

cthulhu

cthulhu

Eibwen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Using PPCProfiles Pro on a Wizard.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but within the Advanced setup, none of the selection modes will work except Tray Select, and then the resulting tray icon will occasionally disappear without trace, and I'll be unable to bring up the pop-up again  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must have been using an earlier or corrupted version, cos I downloaded again, removed & reinstalled and all my probs have gone away...

Brilliant!!

8)
C

E100 / E200 / MDA Vario

mkent_barbados

mkent_barbados

MoDaCo Plus+

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3D GSM

Is there any way of setting the reminder / new message notification volumes separately to the system volume?  I'd like to have quiet notifications but still keep the system volume high.  It's so easy to do on my C500!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want the opposite, a quiet phone but then LOUD alarms (that's what alarms are for after all... :shock: ) Thanks in advance...

bretto

bretto

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Is there any way of setting the reminder / new message notification volumes separately to the system volume?  I'd like to have quiet notifications but still keep the system volume high.  It's so easy to do on my C500!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know there are only the three volumes so unless you use something that intercepts the notification then sets the volume your stuck with whatever the system volume is set to.

PPCProfiles only set the registry value for the system volume which inturn the notification application uses.

Cheers

Bretto

o2 xphone (e200) wm2003

bretto

bretto

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

I must have been using an earlier or corrupted version, cos I downloaded again, removed & reinstalled and all my probs have gone away...

Brilliant!!

8)
C

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

glad to hear it :)

Cheers

Bretto

o2 xphone (e200) wm2003

bretto

bretto

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

I have a PPC 6700 running WM 5.0, and have installed the latest version of PPCProfilesPro which is a very nice app.  However the auto sync mode works on meetings which have been scheduled very recently, but not on one which has been on my outlook calendar for a while.  If I create a new meeting then it switches fine, which makes it hard to test.  Any suggestions?

Jeremy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure whats going on there.

All that happens when your in auto sync mode is that at certain intervals ppcprofiles checks to see if outlook has an appointment starting on or before the current time. if so then is the end of the appointment after the current time. if so then it switches to the auto profile. if not then it finds the next appoinment and passes the start and end times to the operating system as a notification to run the helper app to switch profile at those times. Pretty simple logic really but it is as the mercy of windows to run at the correct time.

Cheers

Bretto

o2 xphone (e200) wm2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users