SSH Clients that work?

Guest fraser

Hey all,

I'm trying to get an SSH client that works on my M2000. I've tried a couple of versions of Pocket Putty, but they all lockup my phone, requiring a soft reset. Is this affecting anyone else, or are others using Pocket Putty successfully?

I'd rather not pay for one if I can; paying for an SSH client is a bit lame! One I saw was priced at $500!!! Jeez, you can get them free for every other platform!! :evil:

Dammit, that version doesn't do two things I wanted; port forwarding and non-default port. Bah. Same as Pocket Outlook, which was why I was checking out port forwarding in the first place! (well, that and VNC)

Grrr! Is no one in the Pocket PC world concerned about security? Default ports*? On a private service? Are they mad?

* hacked/trojaned pcs constantly scan random IP addresses looking for known programs. Many programs report their version on initial connection, and they log this data. Should a new exploit come out for version X of the server, they hit the lists and go nuts on all the known hosts. So, unless you are running a public service open to the public, you should always use different port numbers.