Stowaway Bluetooth keybord driver for T-Mob MDA

Guest zen123

Guest zen123

Just bought me one of these today. Been on the Think Outside website looking for the correct driver, but it doesn't seem to be listed.

Can someone point me to the correct driver to use. I remember reading a post that a member here had it working a dream...Thanks

Guest MitchellO

Great. Glad you got it working. How is the keyboard? I am considering getting one my my XDA II Mini and buying Textmaker. Save me lugging my laptop to school everyday to work on school projecsts (mainly essays and basic word docs) and that would be ideal. Just hope i can find it in australia.

Guest zen123

It quite good...the keys are a nice size...not too small. I'm not a touch typist so can't comment on how suitable it is. All the hotkeys do exactly what they're supposed to.

Only 2 things bother me

1/ they way that opens up meens that it sits raised in the middle. So when you type away to the sides you have to be gentle otherwise it tips over

2/ it not as pocketable as I first thought it would be. Its twice the size of my Pocketop keyboard.

Guest MitchellO

I have had a look at the shops here in Australia, and I can get one for AU$150. I am thinking of maybe an IR Keyboard. I can get a decent one off ebay for $85.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bill door
I have had a look at the shops here in Australia, and I can get one for AU$150. I am thinking of maybe an IR Keyboard. I can get a decent one off ebay for $85.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steer clear of the snap n type IR keyboards (see here) as they are very unreliable. Dunno what I was expecting for 30 quid but I was pretty unimpressed.

The stowaway won a recent portable keyboard test on CNET IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bill door
Well, I have given up buying a keyboard for now.... just spent AU$400 on a PSP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just took delivery of my Stowaway BT keyboard. Must say I'm very impressed- all metal casing, nice big keys and definite travel on them. Will be using it extensively on a long (4+ hour) train trip on Friday so will know more about it by then. Definitely the best pda keyboard I've used so far...

Guest bill door
Cool! Sound like a nice keyboard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although if it was an either/or with a PSP, I think I'd make the choice you made :D

(Although the missus would kill me!)

Guest MitchellO

Yeah. I would love the keyboard, but ATM I have spent AU$500 on the PSP (for the unit, RidgeRacer and 512Mb MS Duo) and still have to get another game, so unfortuntely the keyboard will have to wait :D

VERY happy with the PSP though. Look forward to the MS Duo and i will put some movies on there!

Guest bill door
Yeah. I would love the keyboard, but ATM I have spent AU$500 on the PSP (for the unit, RidgeRacer and 512Mb MS Duo) and still have to get another game, so unfortuntely the keyboard will have to wait :D

VERY happy with the PSP though. Look forward to the MS Duo and i will put some movies on there!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunno if you frequent any PSP forums but Eurogamer has quite an active PSP forum (some good threads on opitmising dvd rips for PSP in there).

Guest MitchellO

Thanks! I will give it a look. I have converted spiderman 2 for my PSP, but it didn't look terribly good on the PC. Have to wait for the MS to see the result on my PSP.