• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

chinoxl

chinoxl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

I followed the steps as suggested on the first page but cannot see the "Extended_ROM" folder nor can I find the other file mentioned, can someone tell me how I can find this please. I have an O2 XDA mini S.

thankyou
Ben

chinoxl

chinoxl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Can someone please give me some help with the problem I posted about, I'm finding this phone a nightmare, its soooooo slow, I just need to get it to the state it was in before O2 got their hands on it.

Thanks

chucky.egg

chucky.egg

Did I say that out loud?

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping
  • Devices:Desire S
  • Twitter:@chucky_egg
I think you need to run the Ext ROM unlocker before it will become visible
Try the attached CAB, but I can't be sure it'll work (I've never used it on mine)

The other alternative is to put a different ROM on, I use the imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM on my T-Mobile MDA Vario (a Wizard, the same as the XDA Mini S) and it's absolutely rock solid. There are loads of thread on that already (search for "imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM")

The Wizard isn't a fast device though, the processor is a bit sluggish and these things can never have quite enough memory.

Attached Files

chinoxl

chinoxl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Cool,

Thanks, I can see the Extended ROM now, I just need to know what to keep, how can I get my PC to see it?

Thanks
Ben

I think you need to run the Ext ROM unlocker before it will become visible
Try the attached CAB, but I can't be sure it'll work (I've never used it on mine)
The other alternative is to put a different ROM on, I use the imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM on my T-Mobile MDA Vario (a Wizard, the same as the XDA Mini S) and it's absolutely rock solid. There are loads of thread on that already (search for "imate K-JAM AKU2 ROM")

The Wizard isn't a fast device though, the processor is a bit sluggish and these things can never have quite enough memory.

chucky.egg

chucky.egg

Did I say that out loud?

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping
  • Devices:Desire S
  • Twitter:@chucky_egg
The short answer is you can't AFAIK

To avoid cross-posting lets continue this in the other thread...
http://www.modaco.co...howtopic=242433

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:golf, cars, gadgets
  • Devices:HTC One x on 3
  • Twitter:@Br1an_g
hi,

could someone with the O2 rom send me the MMS settings?

i have a qtek s110 on o2, which i got from buymobile phones .net but my MMS has stopped working and ive tried every setting i can think of (and that worked before)

[email protected]

cheers

Posted Image

donnalie

donnalie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:o2 xdaII mini

Here's mine. It is muuuuuuuch longer than yours. I installed just the things circled in red.

gud day!!! o hope you can help me with my [roblem with my xdamini. i dont have the extended folder. i cant even use a phonepad in creating a message.... please give me a copy of the folder and any driver please... my sister just gave it to me so i really dont have the complete set when she handed me my xda... thanks a lot!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users