Brando ultra clear screen protector

Guest GazH

Hi all,

I recieved my Silicone case and ultra clear screen protector from Brando this morning.

The case is fantastic..exactly what I was after.

But after putting the screen protector on my MDA stopped responding to screen taps.

Obviously after I removed it everything was fine.

Has anyone had the same problem....bit odd that a company that has a good reputation would send out duff equipment.

had to go back to using the free protector that came with with my MDA :cry:

Oh...and can anyone recommend a good protector that doesn't make the screen look awful...

Cheers

Gaz

Edited by GazH

Guest mike-oh

I got some screen proctectors with my digital camera a few months back. I thought they'd be crap but i'm going on a field trip to cyprus so last night i thought i'd try one anyway. They're great! You can barely tell there's on on there!

They're made by a company called Hexino (whoever they are).

Camera also came with a lens cleaning kit which is also great for cleaning the phones screen.

Edited by mike-oh

I got some screen proctectors with my digital camera a few months back. I thought they'd be crap but i'm going on a field trip to cyprus so last night i thought i'd try one anyway. They're great! You can barely tell there's on on there!

They're made by a company called Hexino (whoever they are).

Camera also came with a lens cleaning kit which is also great for cleaning the phones screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers mike..

found a starter kit by these but don't need a tripod or batteries.. will keep looking though as some camera cleaning kit and protectors for my camera screen will come in handy.. 8)

Nice one

Gaz

Just requires a little extra pressure, you get used to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did try pressing quite hard... and it deffinitely wasn't responding... to be honest if I had pressed any harder I was worried I'd damage the screen

I'm presuming you have a brando one ?

Cheers

Gaz

I sent a mail to Brando last night and have had a response already offering a replacement 8)

Excellent Customer services if you ask me

Cheers Brando

Guest GothTeddy
I'm presuming you have a brando one ?

Yup, same one you have, only mine seems to work :D

I don't mind having to push a little harder, actually, I like being able wo wipe the screen without pressing a load of shortcuts :D

I suppose they could be a little more flexible, especially in your case :D, but if they were any softer they probably wouldn't do too good a job of protecting the screen.

Yup, same one you have, only mine seems to work :D

I don't mind having to push a little harder, actually, I like being able wo wipe the screen without pressing a load of shortcuts :D

I suppose they could be a little more flexible, especially in your case :D, but if they were any softer they probably wouldn't do too good a job of protecting the screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply mate.

As I mentioned in my last post Brando are sending me another so I'll give that a go and see if I have any luck.

I have read about having to press a bit harder with some screen protectors, but I would have damaged my screen if I had pressed any harder.

Thanks again

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest belfast-biker

I've never used a screen protector, until this week....

Ordered one from Brando, at szme time I ordered a cheap JAM battery (recommended!), and once I fitted it I've completely forgotten it's there!

I do NOT need to press harder at all, and I can't see the damn thing!

(Did you take off the two clear screen protector protectors? :D )

Edited by belfast-biker

Hi all,

My replacement sreen protector arrived yesterday and I put it on last night.

Its absolutely superb.. like you say, Belfast-Biker, you don't even know its there and you don't have to press any harder than if it wasn't on.

Which makes me wonder what the problem was with the first one :?:

I did attach this one from the bottom of the screen first, whereas I fitted the first one from the top. I know this shouldn't make a difference...

I'm wondering if I managed to get it between the touch screen and the casing...and this stopped the screen responding...... :?:

Anyway it works fine now... and yes I did take off the 2 protectors attached to the screen when shipped..... :| ....but thanks for asking :D

Cheers All

Gaz

Been reading a thread on xda-developers forum and a few people have mentioned that the screen will stop responding if you get the protector under the screen. So be careful when fitting them.

Obviously it seems like there wasn't anything wrong with the original....Sorry Brando..but good CS 8)

Cheers

Gaz