GPRS MESSENGER CONNECTION GO'S OFF

Guest Cgilis

Guest Cgilis

Hi all,

Is there any way i can make GPRS stay connected on my MPX200.

Im on Pay & Go and i wana take advantage of this free GPRS offer, so is there any way i can make GPRS stay connected so that Messenger will stay connected too?

As it is GPRS disconnects after no-use....

Thnx

Guest chucky.egg

Don't know about the MPx200, but on the C500 the Smartease Orange Shell works, but it does seem that (because of a bug in WM2003, not sure if you have that version) it can cause some apps to get stuck in a loop and constantly send/fail data.

Guest Cgilis

I have 2003, but i think when i put 2002 back on it i wil lost my account setting of internet, and i don't know how i installed the settings :?:

does it fix it, when i turn 2002 back on it?

Edited by Cgilis

Guest chucky.egg

I don't know much (read: anything) about the Moto's. Can you swap OSs that easy?

In theory if you re-flash to a different OS you will lose everything from your phone (it'll be like a Hard Reset in that respect), but there is a forum here somewhere with all the GPRS settings etc... Things like contacts, calendar, email accounts, and any data from the phone itself need backing up first.

As far as I know... the bug that eats GPRS (continuously until you power off) is intermittent, and only appears in WM 2003.

More info:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=558572

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...