MPX220 Officialy Available in UK

Guest KaZoN

Guest KaZoN

Just received confirmation today that my MPX220 has been shipped and will be with me monday

www.phones2udirect.co.uk took in a shipment of 6 today one of them being mine :D

These are the new black version which imo look better than the silver

This is a contract phone on the vodafone network and the handset is free

200 xnet mins

50 text

£55 Cashback

6 Month 1/2 Price line rental

£33

:D

Edited by KaZoN

Guest tw1511
Just received confirmation today that my MPX220 has been shipped and will be with me monday

www.phones2udirect.co.uk took in a shipment of 6 today one of them being mine  :D

200 xnet mins

50 text

£55 Cashback

£33

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm from London (Hackney) and now live in Atlanta, GA, and am so happy for you! Funny thing is I sit here and cuss about not getting certain phones over here. In London (UK) they drop new phones every two minutes, over here, it's a joke. And to top it off, when I was in London I would change my phone at least once every 6 months, can't do that here...

I wonder if my wife would let us move back to London because of this...LOL

www.phones2udirect.co.uk took in a shipment of 6 today one of them being mine  :D

200 xnet mins

50 text

£55 Cashback

£33

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Sorry! done it again with the reply button!) Whoops :oops: )

Mine are coming tomorrow! Both silver, but a change from the black 200’s so that will be nice!!.

Got mine from www.phones2udirect.co.uk as well.

On O2 (Oh humm)

12 month contract

250 mins +50 Text

£35.00 per month

Handset Free.

£35 cash back.

Cant Wait!!

Liz

Guest whitestar

Liz, KaZoN

when you get them will one of you post what firmware version the phone has please as I am thinking about buying from phones2udirect too but would like to be sure it has the latest firmware.

Thanks

Liz, KaZoN

when you get them will one of you post what firmware version the phone has please as I am thinking about buying from phones2udirect too but would like to be sure it has the latest firmware.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will do!! :D

Guest mavisdavis

Really looking forward to this news. But do I wait for for a newer handset. Oh the nightmare of keeping up with technology.

Cool its also available as Sim free HERE £282.99 :D

Edited by mavisdavis

Guest tw1511

Sometimes I wonder about the people on the helpdesk at Cingular!

I just called to TRY and find out about either a newer firmware or update, and do you think they had ANY idea what I was talking about? Well, need I say more...

Guest hidden_agenda

I have had my Unlocked Unbranded 220 for at least two months now...

my ROM version is:

Operator: 0.330.10001.0

Manufacturer: 1.250.0.0

Everything work fine as far as I can tell, though I do not use teh camera. The sound seems well enough, but I'd prefer it being a bit louder...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Guest KaZoN

Just received the MPX220 today

Operator Version: 0.390.4005.0

Manufacturer: 1.280.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.14326.0

Language: 0.230.16.0

File System: 4.21.14326.0

Guest Pondrew

With the number of updates/recalls I'm starting to wonder if this might be a worthwhile Smartphone after all. I'm sure no Smartphone has ever had as much development and updating during it's product lifetime.

Guest whitestar

Went into CarPhone Warehouse this morning and the 220 is now available from them, special order only at present though.

KaZon, thanks for the info. When you've had a chance to play with it for a while can you post your impressions about volume etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wtloild

When is it available on any network other than Vodaphone?

I refuse to subscribe to anything that subsidises the filth (Man Utd). Would sooner use tin can and string.

Guest mmbecks7
When is it available on any network other than Vodaphone?

I refuse to subscribe to anything that subsidises the filth (Man Utd). Would sooner use tin can and string.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Watch ur mouth!! I bet u r an arsenal fan.... if u don't like man utd just stay away but don't call them filth!!! I don't do the same to other teams.....

Guest hotphil

That Phones2UDirect place is also selling it with an O2 contract. Might be worth noting that neither of those networks sell the handset themselves. I'm steering well clear of the 220 as I'm very suspicious as to why it's still not had a UK launch.

That Phones2UDirect place is also selling it with an O2 contract. Might be worth noting that neither of those networks sell the handset themselves. I'm steering well clear of the 220 as I'm very suspicious as to why it's still not had a UK launch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got mine on o2 and it’s *not* supported. I have no connections (internet, mail, Bluetooth, mms) and can use none of the phones features. I would have been better staying with orange and my mpx200. :cry:

Guest mavisdavis

Liz can why dont you check out the help and advice section in the forum.

It has a GPRS setting repository for loads of networks. After a bit of fiddling you could easily set it up manually

Liz can why dont you check out the help and advice section in the forum.

Hi

I’ve done that - and googled it as well – no joy. I can’t seem to change the proxy server from Vodafone to O2, so the settings I’m trying to manually configure just wont work.

Thanks anyway for suggestion.

Liz

Guest ascoandy

Hi Liz,

I have had my MPX220 from phones2u and I seem to be able to get it all working. My MMSC settings were defaulted to Vodafone but I manged to change them to O2. I've e-mailed O2 this eve to try to get some idea of the O2 active settings for the phone and as you rightly say their website does not list the 220 as a supported phone as yet.

What is 02 active anyway? Is it offering all the stuff that a smartphone has been able to give you for years anyway? Seems like that to me by looking at the demo! :?:

Can't get some programs to run though (anyone know if it needs unlocking?). SMS scheduler 2003, send contact 2003 both won't run.

Andy

Guest Gasmansmack

The Mpx 220 is not officially available in the UK, according to Mototola and expansys no longer supply the Mpx 220 with a Vodaphone contract due to problems during testing. I recently enquired if Orange would be supplying this phone - the chap at Orange nearly fell off his chair laughing. I'm beginning to suspect there might be a problem with this phone.

Guest Pondrew

Beginning to suspect there's a problem? There's been nothing but problems from the word go and that is why all the Motorola Smartphones and PPCPE manufactured by Chi Mei have had their orders cancelled. Motorola haven't officially cancelled the MPX220 but it's become apparent it won't be widely distributed.

And don't get me wrong, I understand the MPX200 was a fantastic Smartphone, just that since then nothing has gone right for the Windows Mobile and Motorola partnership.

Hi Liz,

I have had my MPX220 from phones2u and I seem to be able to get it all working. My MMSC settings were defaulted to Vodafone but I manged to change them to O2. I've e-mailed O2 this eve to try to get some idea of the O2 active settings for the phone and as you rightly say their website does not list the 220 as a supported phone as yet.

What is 02 active anyway? Is it offering all the stuff that a smartphone has been able to give you for years anyway? Seems like that to me by looking at the demo! :?:

Hi Andy

With a LOT of help from Martin (over in The Repository part of the forum) I’ve finally got the connection sorted. I have O2 Active but to be honest its not much (as far as I can tell just yet – only got it working half an hour ago) its nothing like Orange World just plain text links – like the very first wap phone I had 5/6/7 years ago. Maybe there IS more (or better) and I just need to find it….

The phone is fantastic and I love it (even though poor old moby 200 IS looking at me from the desk and wondering why I don’t take him out any more…) and I’m starting to explore it properly now the connection is sorted. The problems are not (don’t seem to be anyway) with the phone, this one (and my partners) are both A1+++++++++++

Not sure what SMS scheduler 2003, send contact 2003 are? Are they on the phone - or downloads?

Liz

Guest ascoandy

Not sure what SMS scheduler 2003, send contact 2003 are? Are they on the phone - or downloads?

Liz

Hi Liz,

They're downloads. Anyway I've posted the question at airfagev.com where they originated. Would like the option to schedule SMS's and send contact details by sms

Andy

Hey all Like the user Kazon posted before I also got an MPX220 from the same company on Vodaphone

Operator Version: 0.390.4005.0

Manufacturer: 1.280.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.14326.0

Language: 0.230.16.0

File System: 4.21.14326.0

The handset is actually unlocked so all i have done is give the simcard to my mum and I'll carry on using the orange sim I have.

The phone is a massive improovement over the 200 but prior to the 220 i was a SPV C500 user and even after porting all the correct settings across from my SPV the 220 still refuses to connect to the web and sending mms messages are also a no no.

I have trawled all the site to find an update for the 220 but ;).

I'm also unable to sync with my pc possibly because my Bluetooth adapter is the one for the Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse and it might only accept signals from them.

If anyone else has a story let me know ;)

Regards :roll: